Planned Parenthood, the nation’s top abortion provider holding 35% of the nation’s marketshare in abortions, is not good for the taxpayer. The corporation has a long history of corruption, which abortion-friendly media and politicians willingly overlook. The spin and propaganda regularly disseminated about its abortion business is so pervasive that the truth is often overlooked. Here are some facts, backed up by documented evidence:
- Women do not need Planned Parenthood for contraceptive services.
- Planned Parenthood’s patients have been declining by hundreds of thousands.
- Services at Planned Parenthood have decreased, despite an increase in abortions and government funding.
- Planned Parenthood’s claim that abortion is only 3% of its services is a lie.
- Funding Planned Parenthood means funding abortion.
- More than half of Planned Parenthood’s non-government funding is from abortion.
- Abortion is the primary service that taxpayer-funded Planned Parenthood offers pregnant women.
- Planned Parenthood has abortion quotas.
- Planned Parenthood masquerades as a “health care” agency, but it is a political organization.
And this political organization, like most, works to bring in dollars for political causes. A recent Live Action News analysis showed that the abortion giant’s goal has long been to ramp up its political activities, with former CEO Cecile Richards stating her she wanted to make it “the largest kick butt political organization.” Richards has a background in political organizing — not in health care.
But beyond this, the abortion corporation has a long list of abuses. Here’s a short list:
- Planned Parenthood was founded as a eugenics-based organization.
- Planned Parenthood has been cited for overbilling abuses and Medicaid fraud, and for violating patient privacy.
- Planned Parenthood lies about the services it provides, including prenatal care.
- Planned Parenthood does not provide mammograms, despite claiming that it did.
- Planned Parenthood misinforms women about the development of their preborn babies.
- Planned Parenthood has a poor standard of care for its clients, with former managers accusing them of “treating women like cattle” and using ultrasounds only for abortions.
- Planned Parenthood fails to report child sexual abuse (a violation that alone should result in the organization losing millions of taxpayer dollars granted to it under the federal Title X Family Planning Program).
- Planned Parenthood’s sex “education” for teens promotes BDSM and other disturbing sexual practices.
- Planned Parenthood PACs and their appointed overseers have been cited by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) for multiple campaign donation violations.
- Planned Parenthood staffers have accused the organization of discrimination, and former staffers have been tied to sexual abuse.
The list above does not include the number of women injured or killed after using the organization’s alleged “services.”
The organization uses its political clout to gain supporters to fuel their agenda. Its own reports reveal:
- Its “supporters” reportedly grew by 300 percent, increasing from 3 million in 2005 to 12 million by 2018.
- Private donations increased nearly 106 percent, from $258.7 million in 2006 to $532.7 in 2016.
- Government funding increased over 61 percent, from $336.7 million in 2006 to $543.7 million in 2016.
And all while it recruits “supporters,” its services to patients (and patient numbers in general) have dropped dramatically over the past decade:
- Breast exams declined nearly 62 percent (882,961 in 2006 to 336,614 in 2016).
- Pap tests decreased nearly 74 percent (1,070,449 in 2006 to 281,063 in 2016).
- Cancer screenings plummeted 67 percent (2,007,371 in 2006 to 660,777 in 2016).
- Contraception services dropped by over 32 percent (3,989,474 in 2006 to 2,701,866 in 2016).
- The organization’s overall services decreased nearly 10 percent (2006 to 2016).
- The organization shuttered more than 280 facilities (2007 to 2017).
- Planned Parenthood lost over 700,000 patients, dropping nearly 23 percent (3.1 million in 2006 to 2.4 million in 2016.)
And in just the past few years:
- The percentage of the organization’s contraceptive services declined from 34 percent in January of 2014 to 28 percent in January of 2018.
- The estimated number of unintended pregnancies averted by contraceptive services each year dropped 22.33 percent, from 515,000 in January of 2014 to 400,000 in January of 2018.
- Between 2014 and 2016, the estimated number of abortions averted by contraceptive services each year declined nearly 9 percent.
According to the organization’s own figures, its abortion market share has increased while the nation’s overall profitable abortions are on a steady decline. Between 2006 and 2016, the corporation’s abortions increased nearly 11 percent, averaging more than 320,000 abortions per year.
Since the abortion-friendly media, regularly awarded by Planned Parenthood, refuses to report honestly about the organization, American citizens must say enough is enough. Demand an end to this abortion corporation’s taxpayer funding –permanently.