As we begin 2020, a look back at the previous decade reveals that since 2010, taxpayer-funded Planned Parenthood (PP) has reported ending the lives of nearly three million (2.9 million) preborn children — and during this same period has received nearly $5 billion from U.S. taxpayers. To date, however, the actual number is much higher because current data only reflects 2010 to 2018, the most current year reported by Planned Parenthood.
- PP committed 2,970,388 of the nearly 7.7 million U.S. abortions reported during that time frame.
- PP’s abortion market share average (percentage of abortions for the entire country) totaled nearly 35 percent (34.95%) during that time frame.
- PP received nearly $5 billion ($4,982,500,000) from U.S. taxpayers during that time frame.
Planned Parenthood’s decade of declining services (2010 to 2018)
This past decade also saw a decline in many of Planned Parenthood’s actual health services:
- In 2009, PP operated 840 facilities and claimed to serve three million clients; by 2017, PP’s facilities dropped to 600 and clients decreased to 2.4 million.
- Total services at Planned Parenthood dropped nearly 11 percent (10.74%), from 11,003,366 in 2010 to 9,821,548 in 2018.
- Contraception services declined nearly 31 percent (30.63%), from 3,685,437 in 2010 to 2,556,413 in 2018.
- Cancer screenings dropped nearly 65 percent (64.54%), from 1,596,741 in 2010 to 566,186 in 2018.
- Breast exams declined nearly 65 percent (64.55%), from 747,607 in 2010 to 265,028 in 2018.
- Pap tests dropped nearly 67 percent (66.78%), from 769,769 in 2010 to 255,682 in 2018.
- Prenatal services declined 68 percent (68.49%), from a high of 31,098 in 2010 to 9,798 in 2018.
- Abortions INCREASED 5 percent (4.93%), from 329,445 in 2010 to 345,672 in 2018, and taxpayer dollars increased nearly 15 percent (14.54%), from $538.5 million in 2010 to $616.8 million in 2018.
Planned Parenthood’s decade of growing assets and increased revenue:
Planned Parenthood’s assets grew substantially in the past decade — a point made by former Representative Jason Chaffetz in his book Power Grab. He writes that PP’s “endowment funds were valued at almost $88 million in 2013 and had grown to over $157 million in their 2016 financial report…. Keep in mind that the Federation does not supply direct services to the public….”
- PP’s net assets climbed nearly 72 percent (71.87%) from 1,159,600,000 in 2010 to 1,99,300,000 in 2018.
- PP gained $1,017,800,000 in excess revenue over expenses between 2010 and 2018.
- PP’s overall revenue rose 34 percent (34.42%) from 1,219,000,000 in 2010 to 1,638,600,000 in 2018.
- Between 2010 and 2018, PP’s revenue totaled over $12 billion dollars.
Planned Parenthood’s decade of abuses
Over the course of the past decade (2010 to 2018), Planned Parenthood has been embroiled in a number of abuses, leading for calls to completely defund the abortion giant. Live Action and others have exposed these abuses for many years. Here are some examples:
2008: Live Action’s undercover investigation exposes PP’s willingness to accept racially motivated donations.
- Live Action releases undercover investigation exposing PP’s child sexual abuse cover up
- Live Action also releases investigation exposing how PP uses unscientific, fabricated and misleading medical information to convince women to have abortions
- Live Action exposes the lie that PP performs mammograms, releases investigation exposing how Planned Parenthood covers for child sex traffickers
- PP vows to “retrain staff” but Live Action later documented the claim was a deceptive PR move
- Undercover calls by Live Action investigators expose the fact that PP lies to women about abortion risks
- Live Action undercover investigation exposes PP’s willingness to commit sex-selective abortions
- Live Action released a “damning investigative report” on PP that details shocking activity within the abortion giant’s walls, including covering up the sexual abuse of children, facilitating taxpayer-funded sex-selective abortion against girls in the womb, and manipulative counseling tailored to convince women to abort their children
- Live Action’s undercover investigation exposes the fact that PP’s disturbing advice on sex for teens promotes BDSM and other disturbing sexual practices
- Center for Medical Progress begins releasing undercover footage of PP staffers haggling over the price of aborted baby body parts
- Texas removes PP from its Medicaid program
- Washington Post calls PP’s 3% stat “misleading” and debunks false claims that PP performs mammograms
- Live Action president Lila Rose urges Congress to continue its investigations into PP’s involvement in the trafficking of aborted baby body parts
- Live Action releases Abortion Corporation series, exposing the lie that abortion is a small percentage of what PP does
- Several states move to defund PP
- U.S. Senate referred four PP affiliates and PP’s national office to FBI and Justice Department for suspected crimes resulting from PP’s baby parts trafficking scandal
- Evidence uncovered by a Congressional investigation led to at least one major PP affiliate being referred to Texas authorities for breaking state and federal law
- U.S. Department of Justice confirmed it began criminal investigation into PP’s baby parts trafficking scandal
- Live Action releases video that features politicians misleading American people about services their tax dollars are funding at PP
- An interview with Live Action president Lila Rose and a former PP manager reveals that instead of helping employees identify and report potential abuse, PP’s training sessions instructed staff how to identify undercover journalists and whether they were being recorded
- Live Action News exposes how PP has been cited for Medicaid fraud
- Live Action releases interviews with former PP staffers who reveal barbarism of abortion and that PP isn’t aborting a “clumps of cells” or “products of conception”
- They also reveal how PP misinforms women about development of their preborn babies, has a poor standard of care for clients (with former managers accusing them of “treating women like cattle”), and uses ultrasounds only for abortions.
- Live Action investigators expose that abortion is the primary service PP offers pregnant women, that PP lies about services it provides (including prenatal care), and that PP has abortion quotas.
- Twelve members of Congress join Live Action to call for an end to the taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.
- Political activist and PP president Cecile Richards announces her resignation
- PP names Leana Wen as president
- Live Action News fact checks PP’s false claims
- PP staffers accuse PP of pregnancy discrimination and profit over care
- Live Action releases Aiding Abusers investigative report and docuseries, which includes actual criminal cases exposing how PP covers up child sexual abuse, including testimony from the attorney of two victims
- Live Action releases past investigative videos showing PP employees at 15 different facilities, caught on hidden camera, willing to cover up child sexual abuse and child sex trafficking
- Live Action exposes Hollywood hypocrisy over PP’s cover-up of child sex abuse
- Fifty-six members of Congress call on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to begin an investigation into PP
- PP announces a plan to expand abortion, and begins purging staffers
- Live Action News fact checks PP’s false claims again, followed by the Washington Post
- PP fires president Wen, who afterward claimed the “priority of Planned Parenthood… is to double down on abortion rights advocacy”
- PP announces another political activist, Alexis McGill Johnson, will serve as “Acting President and CEO”
- Jury unanimously awards a PP whistleblower $3 million
As the battle to expose Planned Parenthood continues, the pro-life community is just as committed to exposing the abortion corporation in 2020 as it was in the past decade.
“Like” Live Action News on Facebook for more pro-life news and commentary!
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?