
UK Labour MP: Fix palliative care before considering assisted suicide
Right to Life UK
·
Federal judge blocks Trump admin from defunding graphic sex ed in schools
Earlier this summer, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that 50 organizations would no longer receive grants for the teen pregnancy prevention program (TPP), including Planned Parenthood. A federal judge has now blocked that change, though the organizations won't begin receiving funding again yet.
In June, over 50 organizations, including Planned Parenthood, were informed that they would no longer receive TPP grants due to the inclusion of "sexually explicit" content in their program materials.
Planned Parenthood and other groups have been criticized for including age-inappropriate, graphic sexual content in its sexual education programs.
A federal judge ruled that HHS cannot implement the changes to the program while a lawsuit makes its way through the courts, but the organizations will also not yet see their funding reinstated.
On June 26, the organizations received a letter informing them of a change to the TPP grant program, with Planned Parenthood and the other organizations accused of using materials that are “medically inaccurate,” “age-inappropriate,” and “sexually explicit." Because of this, they were no longer eligible to receive grants; this equalled a loss of $67 million across the 50+ organizations.
Planned Parenthood, in particular, is known for promoting sexual activity among children, despite claiming to want to prevent teen pregnancy.
Former Planned Parenthood sex educator Monica Cline wrote in a piece for the Washington Examiner that, after being hired, she was told to assume that “everyone was doing it," and that Planned Parenthood intentionally tried to remove parents from the equation.
“That is why they say, ‘Parents are a barrier to service,’" she said. "Organizations like Planned Parenthood do not aspire for more in our children’s lives. Their answer to happiness and empowerment is to have sex, use a condom, get tested, treated, and have an abortion.”
In Live Action's investigative series on Planned Parenthood’s sex education, disturbing information was revealed about what the abortion organization actually teaches children, including that the motto at Planned Parenthood seems to be sex with no strings attached. Teens are told that they can have sex wherever, whenever, and with whomever — and anything goes, as long as it’s consensual and contracepted.”
A lawsuit was filed by the organizations in July, and Judge Christopher Cooper sided partly in favor of the coalition challenging the changes to the program, which include the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, or SIECUS (a group which stridently opposes prenatal education for students and which was founded by a former Planned Parenthood medical director and funded by porn magazing "Playboy" founder Hugh Hefner), a Planned Parenthood chapter serving Iowa and Nebraska, and the governments of Hennepin and King Counties in Minnesota and Washington, respectively.
The judge wrote in his ruling:
"HHS is perfectly entitled to formulate its own views about how to stem teen pregnancy — or even whether it is worth preventing at all — and to pursue policy initiatives consistent with its viewpoint.
But it is not at liberty, under the Administrative Procedure Act (“APA”), to impose conditions on grant recipients that Congress did not intend or that are unreasonable or unexplained. The preliminary record suggests that HHS has done just that."
However, funding is not yet restored. The ruling merely prevents HHS from using the new criteria to give out grants while the lawsuit is being considered, and the judge ordered both the Trump administration and the plaintiffs to arrange a schedule for the next steps in the court process before the month is over.
But for now, he appears set to side with the coalition challenging HHS.
“An educational initiative that counsels teens on how to avoid pregnancy without discussing the realities of unprotected intercourse and its alternatives would seem to defy social reality, common sense, and scientific evidence alike,” he wrote. “Yet HHS seeks to impose these and other unexplained criteria on all TPP grantees moving forward."
If this were indeed all that was being taught, it wouldn't be an issue; however, as Live Action News has shown, the sex education offered by SIECUS, Planned Parenthood, and others isn't simply discussing the "realities of unprotected intercourse and its alternatives."
Unholy Alliances: The abuse and lies that lead to the destruction of children's bodies
Unholy Alliances: How sex ed gatekeepers crowned themselves king
Sex ed ‘leader’ slams prenatal development education because it might ‘stigmatize’ abortion
A NATION DECEIVED: Behind the 'new religion' of comprehensive sex ed
A NATION DECEIVED: How 'grooming' is at the core of comprehensive sex ed
HHS has the option to appeal the decision before the deadline of September 1.
Live Action News is pro-life news and commentary from a pro-life perspective.
Our work is possible because of our donors. Please consider giving to further our work of changing hearts and minds on issues of life and human dignity.
Contact editor@liveaction.org for questions, corrections, or if you are seeking permission to reprint any Live Action News content.
Guest Articles: To submit a guest article to Live Action News, email editor@liveaction.org with an attached Word document of 800-1000 words. Please also attach any photos relevant to your submission if applicable. If your submission is accepted for publication, you will be notified within three weeks. Guest articles are not compensated (see our Open License Agreement). Thank you for your interest in Live Action News!

Right to Life UK
·
Politics
Nancy Flanders
·
Politics
Bridget Sielicki
·
Pop Culture
Cassy Cooke
·
Politics
Bridget Sielicki
·
Politics
Nancy Flanders
·
Pop Culture
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·
Human Interest
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·
Federal judge blocks Trump admin from defunding graphic sex ed in schools
Earlier this summer, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced that 50 organizations would no longer receive grants for the teen pregnancy prevention program (TPP), including Planned Parenthood. A federal judge has now blocked that change, though the organizations won't begin receiving funding again yet.
In June, over 50 organizations, including Planned Parenthood, were informed that they would no longer receive TPP grants due to the inclusion of "sexually explicit" content in their program materials.
Planned Parenthood and other groups have been criticized for including age-inappropriate, graphic sexual content in its sexual education programs.
A federal judge ruled that HHS cannot implement the changes to the program while a lawsuit makes its way through the courts, but the organizations will also not yet see their funding reinstated.
On June 26, the organizations received a letter informing them of a change to the TPP grant program, with Planned Parenthood and the other organizations accused of using materials that are “medically inaccurate,” “age-inappropriate,” and “sexually explicit." Because of this, they were no longer eligible to receive grants; this equalled a loss of $67 million across the 50+ organizations.
Planned Parenthood, in particular, is known for promoting sexual activity among children, despite claiming to want to prevent teen pregnancy.
Former Planned Parenthood sex educator Monica Cline wrote in a piece for the Washington Examiner that, after being hired, she was told to assume that “everyone was doing it," and that Planned Parenthood intentionally tried to remove parents from the equation.
“That is why they say, ‘Parents are a barrier to service,’" she said. "Organizations like Planned Parenthood do not aspire for more in our children’s lives. Their answer to happiness and empowerment is to have sex, use a condom, get tested, treated, and have an abortion.”
In Live Action's investigative series on Planned Parenthood’s sex education, disturbing information was revealed about what the abortion organization actually teaches children, including that the motto at Planned Parenthood seems to be sex with no strings attached. Teens are told that they can have sex wherever, whenever, and with whomever — and anything goes, as long as it’s consensual and contracepted.”
A lawsuit was filed by the organizations in July, and Judge Christopher Cooper sided partly in favor of the coalition challenging the changes to the program, which include the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, or SIECUS (a group which stridently opposes prenatal education for students and which was founded by a former Planned Parenthood medical director and funded by porn magazing "Playboy" founder Hugh Hefner), a Planned Parenthood chapter serving Iowa and Nebraska, and the governments of Hennepin and King Counties in Minnesota and Washington, respectively.
The judge wrote in his ruling:
"HHS is perfectly entitled to formulate its own views about how to stem teen pregnancy — or even whether it is worth preventing at all — and to pursue policy initiatives consistent with its viewpoint.
But it is not at liberty, under the Administrative Procedure Act (“APA”), to impose conditions on grant recipients that Congress did not intend or that are unreasonable or unexplained. The preliminary record suggests that HHS has done just that."
However, funding is not yet restored. The ruling merely prevents HHS from using the new criteria to give out grants while the lawsuit is being considered, and the judge ordered both the Trump administration and the plaintiffs to arrange a schedule for the next steps in the court process before the month is over.
But for now, he appears set to side with the coalition challenging HHS.
“An educational initiative that counsels teens on how to avoid pregnancy without discussing the realities of unprotected intercourse and its alternatives would seem to defy social reality, common sense, and scientific evidence alike,” he wrote. “Yet HHS seeks to impose these and other unexplained criteria on all TPP grantees moving forward."
If this were indeed all that was being taught, it wouldn't be an issue; however, as Live Action News has shown, the sex education offered by SIECUS, Planned Parenthood, and others isn't simply discussing the "realities of unprotected intercourse and its alternatives."
Unholy Alliances: The abuse and lies that lead to the destruction of children's bodies
Unholy Alliances: How sex ed gatekeepers crowned themselves king
Sex ed ‘leader’ slams prenatal development education because it might ‘stigmatize’ abortion
A NATION DECEIVED: Behind the 'new religion' of comprehensive sex ed
A NATION DECEIVED: How 'grooming' is at the core of comprehensive sex ed
HHS has the option to appeal the decision before the deadline of September 1.
Live Action News is pro-life news and commentary from a pro-life perspective.
Our work is possible because of our donors. Please consider giving to further our work of changing hearts and minds on issues of life and human dignity.
Contact editor@liveaction.org for questions, corrections, or if you are seeking permission to reprint any Live Action News content.
Guest Articles: To submit a guest article to Live Action News, email editor@liveaction.org with an attached Word document of 800-1000 words. Please also attach any photos relevant to your submission if applicable. If your submission is accepted for publication, you will be notified within three weeks. Guest articles are not compensated (see our Open License Agreement). Thank you for your interest in Live Action News!

Right to Life UK
·
Politics
Nancy Flanders
·
Politics
Bridget Sielicki
·
Pop Culture
Cassy Cooke
·
Politics
Bridget Sielicki
·
Politics
Nancy Flanders
·
Pop Culture
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·
Human Interest
Cassy Cooke
·
Analysis
Cassy Cooke
·