Abortion advocates often use finances to explain why women need to be able to legally kill their unborn child. They bemoan the plight of low-income women, who can’t afford to have another child — and need taxpayers to pay for abortions because they can’t afford that, either. What these same abortion backers don’t often mention, though, is what an abortion actually costs.
How much an abortion will cost a woman depends on how far along she is in her pregnancy. The National Abortion Federation gives general estimates of what a woman should expect to pay. Early in her first trimester, an abortion will cost somewhere between $350 – $500. As she progresses through the pregnancy, the cost will increase. After 20 weeks, she should expect to pay at least $1,000, if not several thousand dollars. Many women also have to travel to get an abortion, so they would need to add travel costs into their totals as well. This is why pro-aborts say that taxpayers need to fund abortion.
But abortion doesn’t just cost women financially. There are other costs, which the abortion advocates rarely mention. Abortion comes with enormous risks to women, risks they’re often never told about. Women might end up paying for their abortion in a number of other ways, whether they have to open their wallet or not.
- Often maligned by pro-aborts, the link between breast cancer and abortion is far from imaginary. Study after study has found that abortion increases a woman’s risk of getting breast cancer. The newest study published found a 20.62% increased risk.
- Women who have had abortions are also found to have increased risks of getting liver, ovarian, and cervical cancers.
- Many women who get an abortion have had one before (about half, according to the Guttmacher Institute). How many of them are told that repeat abortions are found to increase the risk of premature birth?
- Women who have an abortion are more likely to get endometriosis and Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Women who have undergone an abortion have higher mortality rates than those who have not.
- Abortion brings a large number of major physical complications. These include, but are not limited to, life-threatening complications such as uterine perforation, cervical lacerations, and excessive bleeding.
- Women who have had an abortion are at much higher risk for mental health disorders. These include anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol abuse and suicidal behavior — which is shown to increase 155% after an abortion.
- Women are more likely to become victims of domestic violence after undergoing an abortion.
These are just a handful of the risks that can come with abortion. Most women know how much they will have to pay for an abortion before they walk through the doors of the abortion clinic… but how many of them know just how much that abortion may end up costing them?
To see a video of what abortion actually looks like, click here.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?