Hillary Clinton has made it no secret that she is a friend of abortion giant Planned Parenthood. The relationship between Hillary and Planned Parenthood dates back many years and Hillary received Planned Parenthood’s (2009) Margaret Sanger Award. In 2015, Politico noted the closeness Clinton had with Planned Parenthood, writing:
But Clinton’s relationship with Planned Parenthood goes beyond a shared belief in a woman’s right to choose. The group is interwoven with a network of women’s organizations that are among her strongest backers, and Planned Parenthood leaders and activists are among her personal friends, including President Cecile Richards… Clinton’s relationship with Planned Parenthood also extends to the Clinton Global Initiative. For the past two years Planned Parenthood has been a member of CGI and in 2012 committed to train “youth peer providers” in Latin America, Africa and the U.S. on ways to promote birth control.
Planned Parenthood remains the top donor among abortion rights advocacy groups to political campaigns, and has vowed to spend $20 million to usher Hillary Clinton into the White House. Planned Parenthood supporters and former staffers are deeply embedded within the Hillary presidential campaign. They include:
- Mandy Hagseth, a Hillary for America staffer in South Dakota. Hagseth was the 2015 public affairs consultant to Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota.
- Kate Magsamen, who served as Hillary’s New York co-director and was the director of development for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (Louisiana) from May 2011 to July 2012.
- Lisa Changadveja, who served as the get-out-the-vote director for the Colorado Democratic party in the 2014 election cycle and previously as deputy field director for Colorado Democrats in 2010. Most recently, she formerly served as Hillary for America’s Asian-American outreach director. From July 2011 to May of 2012, she worked as the regional field manager at Planned Parenthood Federation of America. In that position, she organized volunteers to lobby and defeat “high-priority health committee votes” in Alabama.
Richard McDaniel, who is the Primary States Regional Director for Hillary for America. McDaniel previously served as the Southern regional political director for Hillary for America. Prior to the Clinton campaign, McDaniel was the political director for Nunn for Senate and the Georgia Democratic Party. McDaniel previously worked in the D.C. area as the national organizer for SEIU and as state director in Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Connecticut. In 2010, McDaniel also served as Planned Parenthood Southeast’s legislative coordinator and the 2009 field director.
Mini Timmaraju, who is Hillary for America’s Women’s Outreach Director. Between 2012 and 2013, she also worked for the Director of the Office of the President at Planned Parenthood Federation of America. In addition, Timmaraju was formerly the Vice President of Public Affairs and Government Relations for Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast, Inc. as well as the political director for Planned Parenthood of Houston and Southeast Texas Action Fund, Inc.
- Lauren Peterson, who is Hillary for America’s Director of Content and Creative. She previously served on Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Presidential Inaugural Committee, Obama for America, and was a Senior advisor and writer for Planned Parenthood Federation of America. Peterson’s duties also included speechwriter for Planned Parenthood president, Cecile Richards.
- Emily Bengtson, who is Hillary’s Social Media Director and previously served as the digital state campaigns manager and digital content specialist at Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
- Brenda Kole, who serves as Hillary for Iowa’s 2016 Constituency Director following her stint as scheduling director for Hillary Clinton’s 2008 campaign. She also worked on Tom Vilsack’s 2002 re-election campaign, Monica Vernon’s 2014 congressional primary campaign, and Jack Hatch’s 2014 gubernatorial campaign. Kole was also the 2008 – 2013 director of advocacy and organizing at Planned Parenthood of the Heartland and has worked for NARAL Pro-Choice America in Iowa.
- Cara Ortiz, who serves as Travel Coordinator at Hillary for America and has previously been an Intern for the campaign. She has also served as Accreditation and Evaluation Intern for Planned Parenthood Federation of America.
Former Planned Parenthood staffers are not the only ones joining the Clinton race to the White House; so are allies of the abortion business such as Lily Adams, eldest daughter of Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood.
In 1988, journalist Paul Baumann prophetically penned a story about the daughter of Richards, who was not yet the CEO of Planned Parenthood. A 1988 headline, featuring a report by Baumann reads: Campaigns may be in Lily’s future. His prediction was correct. As Live Action News has previously reported, in addition to working for Hillary Clinton’s campaign, Adams has worked for pro-abortion Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) – and her father, Kirk Adams, International Executive Vice President of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), which is known for supporting Planned Parenthood. Lily Adams also served as press secretary for Senator Tim Kaine, now on the ticket as Clinton’s vice-presidential running mate.