Pregnancy resource centers (PRCs) have been under attack recently, seemingly from all sides. Not only have pro-abortion terrorist groups like Jane’s Revenge been targeting these charitable organizations with acts of vandalism and violence, but even politicians like Senator Elizabeth Warren have been railing against them and calling for them to be shut down.
And apparently, people are heeding the call. Several PRCs’ pages on Yelp now display the following pop-up alert:
And some PRCs’ Yelp and Google listings contain obviously fake, politically motivated “reviews,” like this one:
But PRCs are not “fake clinics.” The fact that they do not commit abortions does not make their services, which are numerous and varied, any less real and valuable.
PRCs provide exactly what they claim, namely, resources to support women and families throughout – and beyond – pregnancy. According to the Charlotte Lozier Institute, PRCs provided nearly $270 million worth of supplies and services to parents and children in 2019 alone, including:
- Nearly 500,000 free ultrasounds, at an estimated value of $139 million
- 160,200 free STI/STD tests, at an estimated value of $8 million
- Nearly 732,000 free pregnancy tests, at an estimated value of $6.5 million
- Free parenting and prenatal education programs, at an estimated value of nearly $52 million
- Post-abortive support for tens of thousands of clients, at an estimated value of $3.2 million
- Nearly 1.3 million packages of diapers, at an estimated value of nearly $13 million
- Over 2 million baby outfits, at an estimated value of over $9 million
- Over 30,000 car seats and nearly 20,000 strollers, at an estimated total value of over $2.6 million
Abortion facilities do not provide most of these resources at all, and certainly not for free.
Furthermore, as actress and pro-life advocate Patricia Heaton pointed out, “No one has ever died from visiting a [PRC].” This makes them very different from abortion facilities, indeed. In fact, attempts to discredit PRCs because they are unlike abortion facilities are absurd, amounting to apples-to-oranges comparisons.
The whole point of PRCs is that they are different than abortion facilities. PRCs freely give away resources that support life. Abortion facilities, on the other hand, quite literally profit from death.
“Like” Live Action News on Facebook for more pro-life news and commentary!