This week, pro-life organization Created Equal released video of an attack on a pro-life Catholic priest by an abortion facility volunteer.
The incident took place earlier this month. Father Joseph Klee, a priest at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Ohio, was protesting in front of Founder’s Women’s Center in Columbus. Several pro-life signs were displayed on the sidewalk, which is public property. According to Created Equal, the volunteer — a woman named Michelle Davis — stole the signs before attempting to drive off in her minivan. Another pro-lifer ran after Davis, shouting, “You’re gonna hit a pedestrian!” and “Stop!” while attempting to recover the signs. Klee said that he was standing in front of the minivan and tried to move out of the way, but Davis purposely steered towards him, hitting him with her car.
In the video, Klee tells first responders, “I was in front of the vehicle, and it came at me and turned the wheel toward me. It almost ran me down.” His hand is visibly bleeding.
Created Equal reports that Davis has been charged with “theft and miscellaneous incident (assault),” but no such police report appears to exist on the Columbus Police Department website.
Klee is hardly the first pro-lifer to be a victim of violence at the hands of a pro-abortion extremist. And while there are the few pro-lifers who have committed acts of violence as well, the pro-life movement strongly condemns these despicable acts; the abortion industry, meanwhile, does no such thing. There have been multiple instances of abortion advocates trying to run pro-lifers over with their cars, as well as numerous other acts of violence:
- In Australia, a pro-abortion mob attacked a pro-life demonstration, leaving several people were injured.
- Mireille Miller-Young was caught on video stealing and assaulting a teenage girl on campus at University of California Santa Barbara. Miller-Young, a professor at the college, was arrested and pled guilty to charges of grand theft, battery, and vandalism.
- A pro-life activist was stabbed outside of an abortion clinic in Arkansas.
- Gloria Martinez, a nurse who works at a Texas abortion clinic, threatened to run over a pro-lifer with her car, and then attempted to follow through with her threat.
- A sidewalk counselor was threatened and slapped by abortion workers.
- A pro-life teenager was assaulted while he handed out Students for Life postcards. He received a broken nose and had to go to the hospital.
- An elderly pro-lifer was attacked in Colorado for collecting signatures for a petition to ban abortion. He was taken to the hospital, where he was underwent surgery for a broken hip.
- Live Action President Lila Rose was assaulted outside of Planned Parenthood by a clinic escort, who swore at and slapped her. Planned Parenthood refused to comment on the incident.
- Abortion clinic workers in Kansas attempted to pour cow manure on pro-lifers gathered to counsel to women.
Will the abortion industry condemn this video, or Davis’ alleged actions? Judging by what we’ve seen in the past, the answer is no.