Planned Parenthood has declared its intention to “go on the offense” by releasing an agenda for the expansion of abortion, which says, “in order for people to be free and equal they must be able to exercise page complete autonomy over their bodies.” The language is eerily similar to a pronouncement made by Planned Parenthood’s eugenicist founder, Margaret Sanger who admitted she once met with members of the Ku Klux Klan, stacked Planned Parenthood’s boards with eugenicists, and advocated the sterilization of the so-called “unfit.”
The 114-page “Blueprint for Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice” mentions the word abortion 244 times and was endorsed by 80 pro-abortion groups, including the eugenics-founded Population Council, as well as Planned Parenthood’s former “special affiliate,” the Guttmacher Institute. It was published just prior to Planned Parenthood’s ousting of president Leana Wen for her alleged resistance to prioritize abortion over all other services and despite Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) portrayal of itself as a non-profit “health care organization.” Pro-abortion site Rewire reports that the document will be “sent to progressive members of both the House and Senate” as well as “constituencies in different states.”
The document, described as a “proactive policy agenda for a fully supportive Congress and Administration to advance sexual and reproductive health in the U.S. and around the world,” focuses on five main tenets:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Care is Accessible to All People.
- Discriminatory Barriers in Health Care are Eliminated.
- Research and Innovation Advance Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice Now and in the Future.
- Health, Rights, Justice, and Wellness for All Communities.
- Judges and Executive Officials Advance Sexual and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice.
Sprinkled in between the abortion demands are some policies that sound reasonable, like compassionate treatment for immigrants to not “be shackled during birth” or to be denied care when pregnant, as well as “[a]ccess to respectful, high-quality, holistic pregnancy-related health services.” But the suggestions also include the freedom to kill one’s preborn child. The majority of demands are centered on abortion rights, LGBTQ+ rights and so-called “gender equality.” It suggests eliminating practically every pro-life protection ever enacted and contains pages of new and dangerous pro-abortion legislation to replace them.
The demands can be summarized in part as follows:
- Taxpayers will fully fund abortion, regardless of an individual’s ability to pay for the abortion.
- Taxpayer funding of abortion will be expanded globally, including “$1.66 billion for international family planning and reproductive health programs, including $111 million for UNFPA.”
- The repeal of the Hyde Amendment, the Helms amendment, and the Weldon Amendment.
- The expansion of abortion by promoting “self-managed” abortion (abortion pill).
- To require HHS to publish materials which “include information about how self-managed abortion with pills works.”
- Taxpayer-funded expansion of the pool of abortionists with “financial incentives” as well as the creation of “a Reproductive Health Care Provider Service Corps,” which would “offer loan forgiveness, and provide resources on how to manage the pressures of providing reproductive health care.”
- Lift parental consent laws on abortion.
- End abstinence-based sex-education.
- Appoint pro-abortion judges, executive/administrative heads, and cabinet positions.
- Require all insurance plans (including government run plans) to cover abortion without restrictions as well as “gender-affirming care.”
- Eliminate the “Conscience and Religious Freedom Division” at the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- Remove conscience objections based on religious beliefs.
- Increase Title X funds to $737 million and include abortion in that program again.
The strategy also seeks to normalize abortion by:
- Denouncing “unjust and stigmatizing criminalization of abortion, including those who end their own pregnancies by choosing self managed abortion and send strong messages that however a person chooses to end a pregnancy, they must be able to do so safely and effectively without fear of arrest”
- Combating “inflammatory rhetoric used by anti-abortion individuals….”
- Talking “about abortion care in a way that normalizes it with other health care and destigmatizes those who have abortions and those who provide abortions”
Live Action News has previously documented an earlier blueprint put forth by Planned Parenthood‘s former medical director Alan Guttmacher, who went on to become the corporation’s first physician president. Guttmacher was a former VP for the American Eugenics Society and founder of the Guttmacher Institute, responsible for leading Planned Parenthood to the business of committing abortions. He once told the New York Times, “The main goal of our program is not just to limit population, but to give everyone the same opportunity for quality medical care.”
That blueprint came to fruition when the Title X federal family planning policy was created, allocating tens of millions in tax dollars to Planned Parenthood. The move follows additional plans to expand abortion previously published by Planned Parenthood, Guttmacher, TARA Health Foundation, ANSIRH, IBIS and others, which include a push to lift FDA safeguards for the abortion pill, to expand access to pharmacies, by mail and online.
“Like” Live Action News on Facebook for more pro-life news and commentary!