Fetal surgery is becoming more and more common, saving lives and improving the conditions of preborn children. Like many other medical advances, open fetal surgery (as displayed in the images below) offers an amazing look at the developing person inside the womb.
Images and videos below are of surgical procedures and may be disturbing for some viewers.
1. Open fetal surgery by Michael Harrison, MD, and the UCSF Fetal Treatment Center:
2. Fetal surgery Ted Talk by Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye:
3. Houston Chronicle report on Texas Children’s Hospital, “Spina bifida case marks advances in fetal surgery“:
4. Vanderbilt University report on fetal surgery procedure yielding positive results:
5. CNN’s report on spina bifida surgery for a 20-week-old preborn baby:
6. Medscape – Fetal Surgery for Sacrococcygeal Teratoma Technique:
8. Today.com: Baby ‘born twice’ thrives after life-saving surgery:
9. Live Science – Fetus Brought Partway Out of Womb for Tumor Surgery:
10. “Hand of Hope” by Michael Clancy, taken in 1999 of 21-week-old preborn Samuel Armas, grabbing a doctor’s hand during surgery. As Life News reported years later, “Armas was in the womb when Dr. Joseph Bruner performed a surgery on him to help correct some of the potential effects of spina bifida before his birth.”
Clancy’s iconic photo and story were later documented by PressTV and other worldwide media outlets:
11. PBS produced “Twice Born,” a stunning documentary about fetal surgery:
It is amazing the extent to which members of the medical profession will go to save preborn children growing inside their mother’s wombs. Tragically, there is an inhuman side of “medicine” as well, which believes that ending the lives of other preborn child in an abortion is the better solution.
We long for the day when abortion in unthinkable. Until then, these tiny persons in the womb testify of their humanity.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?