On Wednesday, Priests for Life announced the formation of a Host Committee for the National Memorial for the Preborn and their Mothers and Fathers. The Memorial will be held on January 25, 2013, the 40th year since Roe v. Wade.
Fr. Frank Pavone, the national director of Priests for Life, stated, “I am grateful to these friends and colleagues of mine who are joining our organizers and sponsoring organizations in inviting activists, pastors, and their congregations from around the country to come together in prayer and worship on this momentous occasion.”
Members of the committee are:
- Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council
- Dick and Shirley Bott of the Bott Radio Network
- Rich Bott, president and CEO of the Bott Radio Network
- Bishop Harry Jackson, founder and chairman of High Impact Leadership Coalition
- Alveda King, director of African-American outreach with Priests for Life
- Brad Mattes, executive director of Life Issues Institute
The service will be held at Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C. on Friday, January 25, 2013, which is also the day of the Annual March for Life. The prayer service will last from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
You can view the announcement of the event here.