Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Live Action seeks a Government Relations Liaison (GRL) to manage government relationships for the organization, building and maintaining communication with political allies. The GRL will conduct background research on legislation lobbying efforts, identify new areas of focus, produce briefs and reports and assist in identifying campaign strategy particularly to influence change in the political sphere. The GRL ability to extensively grasp the social, political, philosophical, and ethical repercussions of legalized abortion is central to the position. Given the media focus of the organization, the GRL retains a journalistic outsider’s perspective that informs the campaign strategy. The GRL will work closely with the content and communications team to advise on the strategy, content, media and PR efforts.
The Government Relations Liaison must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in the Washington, DC area.
The Government Relations Liaison’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor life and abortion issues and legislation at the federal and state levels.
- Maintain regular communication with elected officials and circulate regular updates to the Live Action Organization.
- Build relationships with federal elected officials.
- Keep up-to-date on legislative changes that may impact the organization and analyze results and provide written reports for the rest of the team.
- Write reports, op-eds, and press releases for government relations, as required.
- Work with the content team to develop strategies for research programs, and identify and propose research projects, with focus on impacting and influencing government relations.
- Study social, political, philosophical, and ethical repercussions of legalized abortion on a national and global level.
- Research abortion industry, with particular focus on political climate to inform operations, reporting, and educational efforts.
- Define and refine research objectives for government relations.
- Develop an organizational system and database for body of research, and oversee data collection and management, particularly for government relations.
- Conduct surveys, polling, and market research, as needed.
- Commission and manage outside research, as required.
- Work closely with Live Action leadership to ensure messaging is uniform.
- Advise the media team on incoming requests and PR efforts.
- Dedicated to pro-life mission.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role.
- In-depth understanding of government affairs at both the state and federal level.
- Experience writing for major outlets.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
Application Submission Process
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: [GOVLIAISON_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.