Last week, the unnamed woman entered Women’s Health Services, where two male pro-lifers spoke to her. When she exited the facility, one of the men again spoke to her, and while the details of the exchange are not known, the woman began yelling, and then punched the man in the face.
“A person went into the facility, left a short time later, and thought that a protester was videotaping them,” Brookline Police Lt. Phil Harrington said to Patch Brookline. “The patient went over and confronted the person she thought was videotaping and then struck the person.”
It is not known who the two pro-life activists are, but police said they make sure to have officers on-site to prevent any possible violence.
“Whenever there’s a large-scale protests we have an officer on scene to make sure that rights on both sides are protected,” Harrington said.
Patch Brookline cited the National Abortion Federation to make the claim that pro-life violence continues to be an issue threatening abortion facilities around the country, writing, “Since 1977, there have been 11 murders, 26 attempted murders, 42 bombings and more than 100 arson directed at abortion provider clinics and staff and patients nationwide, according to the NAF.” The article favors the assailant, acting as if she were the victim, rather than the person she physically assaulted. They ignore the increasing violent threats that pro-lifers face, which is often ignored and, as seen in the Patch Brookline article, excused or overlooked. While the pro-life movement has largely condemned violence, there have been no such actions by abortion advocates. Meanwhile, the violence against pro-lifers continues.
These are just a few recent examples.
- Texas, 2018: Pro-life activist repeatedly punched in the face until blood poured down his face.
- Canada, 2018: An abortion activist attacked a pro-lifer repeatedly, shoving her and throwing a metal dolly at her.
- Canada, 2018: A male abortion activist roundhouse kicked a female pro-lifer, and also vandalized multiple signs.
- Canada, 2018: A pro-life college student reported repeatedly being assaulted on campus, including being spat on and threatened with rape.
- Virginia, 2017: A pro-life high school student praying outside an abortion facility was punched in the face when the student wouldn’t let an abortion activist steal her signs.
- Florida, 2016: A pro-life sidewalk counselor was punched in the face and had her hair pulled so forcefully that clumps of it were left in her attacker’s hands. The abortion facility helped hide the assailant from police.
- Ohio, 2016: Pro-lifers with Created Equal were on a high school campus to give a talk to students, when an abortion activist physically attacked one of them, while screaming, “This is not violence!”
- Ohio, 2015: Abortion activists ripped down banners hung on an overpass from Created Equal, and then assaulted members of the Created Equal team.
- California, 2014: A University of California Santa Barbara professor assaulted a pro-life college student, repeatedly pushing and scratching the teenager. The professor pled guilty to multiple charges of grand theft, battery, and vandalism.
- Alabama, 2014: A pro-life teenager suffered a broken nose after handing out postcards in a public park.
Again, these are just a few examples, and they don’t even include acts of vandalism, theft, harassment, or aggression. Yet these instances are completely left out of the pro-abortion claims of pro-lifers being violent towards women and abortion facilities. The victim here is the pro-lifer who was assaulted, and instead, it’s been turned into an attack on the pro-life movement.
“Like” Live Action News on Facebook for more pro-life news and commentary!
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?