Planned Parenthood is still claiming innocence, despite overwhelming evidence of wrongdoing and illegal activity throughout various parts of the organization. The abortion giant is doing its very best to save face, with millions of dollars in taxpayer funding on the line. One way Planned Parenthood has attempted this is by proclaiming vindication due to a few state investigations which have turned up no illegal activity.
Dawn Laguens, executive vice president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, stated, “Planned Parenthood follows all laws and has very high medical standards, and that’s what all of these investigations are finding. All of this stems from totally false claims made by anti-abortion extremists who are pursuing a political agenda that is far outside the mainstream.” Let’s examine whether Laguens and PP are truly being honest…
- “Planned Parenthood follows all laws…”Really? What about the Florida law which PP was recently caught breaking by performing illegal second trimester abortions? What about laws regarding the sale of human body parts? A simple denial doesn’t erase the evidence.
- “Planned Parenthood… has very high medical standards…”Many who have experienced Planned Parenthood’s “care” first hand would beg to differ.
- “… that’s what all of these investigations are finding.”Once again, Laguens is conveniently ignoring the Florida investigation. Not to mention that California – where the majority of the Center for Medical Progress’s investigations revealed fetal body parts trafficking to be taking place – has thus far refused to investigate PP.
- “All of this stems from totally false claims made by anti-abortion extremists…”Not so fast. These are not the random allegations or baseless accusations of extremists, in a desperate effort to attack Planned Parenthood – although that is what PP would have you believe. These are investigations launched due to videos which show PP leaders discussing and agreeing to illegal activity. Babies born alive after abortions have also been killed in PP clinics.
- “… anti-abortion extremists who are… far outside the mainstream.”“Extremist” is a very popular word politically, because of the negative images it conjures. The fact that someone calls their opposition “extremist” does not make it so. It could be argued that the real extremists here are those who turn a blind eye to PP’s trafficking of human body parts, and likely infanticide. Furthermore, to pretend that pro-lifers are far outside the mainstream is to be willfully ignorant. According to a recent Gallup poll, at least 44% of Americans identify as pro-life. Another poll indicates that an overwhelming majority of Americans oppose late-term abortions: 80 percent oppose third trimester abortions, and 64 percent do the same in the second trimester.
So once again we see Planned Parenthood attempting to distort the facts and draw attention away from their illegal actions, through carefully worded and totally deceptive statements.
Is anyone surprised?