According to recently released information, Planned Parenthood, presenting itself as a “health care organization” for women, has committed nearly 6.4 million abortions since 2000 while receiving $9.3 billion in taxpayer dollars. The organization’s president, Alexis McGill-Johnson, recently implied that abortion would “save democracy” — but in reality, what abortion has done is profit this corporation, which now commits more than 41% of all abortions in the U.S.
- Planned Parenthood commits 200 abortions for every one adoption referral.
- Planned Parenthood commits 43 abortions for every one prenatal care service.
- Planned Parenthood receives over $1.7 million taxpayer dollars every day.
- Planned Parenthood committed a record 383,460 abortions in 2020-21 – which equates to the deaths of 1,051 preborn babies per day, 44 per hour, and one every 82 seconds.
- Planned Parenthood commits more than 41% of all abortions in the U.S.
- Since 2000, Planned Parenthood has committed almost 6.4 million abortions and received $9.3 billion from taxpayers.
Facilities and affiliates
Planned Parenthood currently records 49 affiliates, a decrease of more than 65% since 1996-1997, when the organization had 142 affiliates and 900 facilities nationwide. Some affiliates have consolidated in recent years.
While Planned Parenthood facility numbers have remained fairly steady at around 600 nationwide in the past few years, overall there has been a Planned Parenthood facility decrease of 35% since 2010 and a 33.33% drop since 1996-1997.
- 2020: 600 facilities, 49 affiliates
- 2019: 600 facilities, 56 affiliates
- 2018: 600 facilities, 56 affiliates
- 2010: 800 facilities, 74 affiliates
- 2009: 840 facilities, 83 affiliates
- 1996: 900 (highest year on record), 142 affiliates
Record number of taxpayer dollars
Planned Parenthood has received over $9.3 billion in taxpayer dollars since 2000. In the year ending June 30, 2022:
- Government revenue has increased 2.48% — from $618.1 million in PP’s 2019-2020 annual report to $633.4 million as recorded in their 2020-2021 report.
- Government (taxpayer) dollars have risen nearly 18% since 2010 ($538.5M).
- Taxpayer dollars to PP have increased over 212% since the amount received in 2000 ($202.7M).
This reflected the highest amount of taxpayer dollars granted to Planned Parenthood to date.
Record number of abortions
The abortion corporation has long (and falsely) claimed that abortions make up only a tiny percentage of its services — a claim that has been debunked multiple times, including by Washington Post fact checkers. Planned Parenthood’s most recent report was no exception, claiming that abortion was just four percent (4%) of its total services.
- Abortions at PP increased by over 8% from the 354,871 recorded in 2019 to a whopping 383,460 abortions reported in the organization’s 2020-2021 report, which means they ended the lives of an additional 28,589 preborn babies that year. This is the highest number of abortions ever committed by the abortion corporation in one year.
- Abortions at PP within the past decade increased over 16% from 329,445 in 2010 to 383,460 recorded in their 2020-2021 report.
- Abortions at PP have increased over 197% since 1991, when Planned Parenthood committed 129,000 abortions.
- PP now holds over 41% of the nation’s abortion market based on estimated 2020 national abortion totals (930,160) published by Planned Parenthood’s former “special affiliate,” the Guttmacher Institute.
In 2020, Planned Parenthood abortions (383,460) outnumbered eight of the ten top leading causes of death for that same year, including of COVID-19 (350,831), accidents (200,955), and stroke (160,264). PP abortions nearly outnumbered the combined death categories of Chronic lower respiratory diseases, Alzheimer disease, and Diabetes (389,087).
And, since 2000, Planned Parenthood has committed nearly 6.4 million abortions out of the 22 million abortions reported nationally.
Private contributions: Now 34% of PP’s revenue
Planned Parenthood recorded 590,000 “contributors” in its latest 2020-2021 report, the same number of donors the abortion corporation recorded in 2019.
Private Contributions & Bequests made up 34% of PP’s revenue, rising by $69.3 million in just one year, increasing nearly 14% (13.59%) from $510.0 million in 2019-2020 to $579.3 million in 2020-2021.
Over $1.7 billion in excess revenue
Planned Parenthood’s 2020-2021 report reveals the organization took in nearly $134 million in excess revenue over expenses, the third highest amount since 2017-2018, when Planned Parenthood collected a whopping $244.8 million in “excess revenue over spending” and $155.5 million in 2010.
Since 2000, PP has pocketed over $1.7 billion in excess revenue over expenses.
Planned Parenthood’s 2020-2021 report also reveals that the organization’s net assets reached $2.5 billion in the year ending June 30, 2022, an increase of nearly 25% from the amount reported in 2019. In fact, PP’s net assets have climbed 239% since 2000.
Planned Parenthood is an abortion corporation
Despite Planned Parenthood’s attempts to downplay its abortion business, it primarily offers pregnant women abortion. Former staffers revealed that Planned Parenthood has abortion goals. The corporation uses unscientific, fabricated and misleading medical information to convince women to have abortions, and former staffers have revealed how Planned Parenthood misinforms women about the development of their preborn babies, how they have a poor standard of care for clients (with former managers accusing them of “treating women like cattle”), and how they utilize ultrasound only for abortions.