Planned Parenthood recently celebrated their 100th anniversary with their National Conference Gala in Washington, DC. The party opened with a performance from embattled pop star Kesha, who sang John Lennon’s “Imagine”. Valerie Jarrett was present, and comedian Carmen Esposito was the host. The party ended with dancing to a performance by singer/songwriter Shamir. It was apparently a huge party.
— Planned Parenthood (@PPact) June 10, 2016
But the biggest source of excitement was finding out who would win awards for doing the best job of covering up Planned Parenthood’s crimes and misdeeds. And Katie Yoder at Newsbusters has this year’s list, with Democracy NOW! host and executive producer Amy Goodman winning the highest honor for defending Planned Parenthood from the videos released by the Center for Medical Progress.
The other winners were:
- Sunnivie Brydum and Mitch Kellaway of The Advocate, for “Fighting to Free Ky Peterson on Trans Liberation Tuesday,” “Feds Probe Georgia’s Treatment of LGBT Prisoners” and “We Must Talk About Violence Against Trans Men”
- Zuri and Staceyann Chin of Living Room Protest, for “We Stand with Planned Parenthood!”
- Ann Friedman and Aminatou Sow of Call Your Girlfriend
- Imani Gandi of Rewire, for “How False Narratives of Margaret Sanger Are Being Used to Shame Black Women”
- Dani McClain of The Nation, for “Long-Acting Contraception Makes Teen Pregnancy Rates Plummet. So Why Are Some Women Still Skeptical?”
- Alex Morris of Rolling Stone, for “The War on Planned Parenthood”
- Caitlin Moscatello of Cosmopolitan, for “How to Have a Safe Abortion”
- Raquel Reichard of Latina, for “Planned Parenthood – A Latina Lifeline Under Fire”
- Kayla Webley of Marie Claire, for “Mission Critical” or “On the Front Lines of the Abortion Wars”
It must have been really, really hard for Planned Parenthood to narrow the list down to just 13 journalists. After all, the media follows Planned Parenthood’s orders, remaining silent when Planned Parenthood tells them to, hiding the dangers of abortion to women, minimizing the pro-life movement, or spreading debunked Planned Parenthood studies. It’s no wonder that CEO Cecile Richards is so thankful for the media and is handing out awards. They carry a lot of water for her.
Planned Parenthood couldn’t continue its spin without help from the complicit pro-abortion media.