REPORTS TO: DIGITAL MARKETING DIRECTOR
Live Action seeks a Lead Writer (LW) to lead written external communication and develop Live Action content, messaging, and marketing materials. The LW will also serve as a resource to the Live Action News editorial team providing contributions and editorial support. The LW is not only an excellent writer and editor but is also skilled in crafting the messaging and tone as well as a master at writing on difficult topics and subjects.
The LW must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, California.
The Lead Writer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Write and edit Live Action content including, but not limited to: email campaigns, Live Action News articles, press releases, marketing materials, and scripts.
- Coordinate and approve assignments for other writers and editors.
- Ensure that the tone, content, and professionalism of all written content align with Live Action standards.
- Protect, edit, and proofread the language of Live Action’s brand while finding new ways to elevate it.
- Ensure that all written content has been thoroughly researched and fact-checked.
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit copy as necessary.
- Collaborate with executive and creative teams to determine Live Action content and topics.
- Manage contracts as needed.
- Highly knowledgeable and passionate about the pro-life cause.
- BA in Journalism or similar field.
- 5+ years proven experience in a similar role.
- A proven track record of experience with journalistic best practices.
- Exceptional copywriter and editor.
- Working knowledge of WordPress a plus.
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Lead Writer_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.