Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks an experienced Communications Manager (CM) to oversee all internal and external communications. The CM is a master communicator with a deep understanding of PR, media, content, and branding. The CM works closely across departments to develop smart and effective messaging which elevates the mission and brand of the organization. The CM is a superb writer who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The CM must be committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all internal and external communications for the organization. This includes but is not limited to:
- Releases and statements
- Talking points
- Media pitches
- Email copy
- Social media copy
- Marketing copy
- Research Findings Reports
- Annual Reports
- Regularly pitch media outlets on behalf of Live Action, Lila Rose, and other spokespersons.
- Help identify and develop relationships with key partners, local, and national media to promote the organization’s message consistently and effectively.
- Continually identify and seek to procure new and “out of the box” contacts for the team’s media development.
- Establish metrics and analytics to measure and gauge messaging effectiveness.
- Anticipate, plan for, and manage risks for the organization’s brand and message.
- Closely monitor and track all communications across platforms for messaging and brand consistency.
- Coordinate website updates for press releases, statements, etc.
- Facilitate press conferences and events as needed.
- 3 years of leadership experience in PR and media communications with a proven track record.
- Out of the box thinking with a “nose” for the story. Knows how to tell a story using words, images, audio or video, and understands how to craft content that attracts an audience.
- Ability to retain a journalistic “outsider’s perspective,” to bridgebuild with a variety of worldviews, and to provoke and engage controversy with persuasiveness and poise.
- Experience pitching stories, articulating our core issues.
- Hunger to constantly improve professionally, to be the best in media strategy, developing communications, and presentation of the message. Excellent internet research and social media skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.). Hubspot experience a plus.
- Exceptional time-management, planning, and interpersonal skills.
- A high degree of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with media, team members, contractors, volunteers, donors, and partner groups.
- A high degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: CommsManager_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.