There are plenty of reasons to defund Planned Parenthood, but the abortion giant has quite a big connection in a little town called D.C. This week, Live Action takes matters into its own hands to get our taxpayer dollars back from the largest abortion provider in the country. But they can’t do it alone. This project is all hands on deck, and it starts with a petition.
Why You Should Sign
Planned Parenthood is a wolf that has done an insanely good job of hiding in sheep’s clothing. And they prove it on a fairly consistent basis.
In the last five years, Planned Parenthood has been caught:
- Neglecting patient care to the point of patient death
- Aiding child sex traffickers
- Covering up sexual abuse and sending girls and young women back into the hands of their abusers
- Taking money earmarked for race-based abortions
- Scheduling sex-selective abortions for the sole reason that the unborn child is female
In those same five years, Planned Parenthood received $2 billion in taxpayer money. Think of what $2 billion could have done for sick children or families who are struggling to pay their bills – not to mention the women who chose life for their children despite the financial concerns they face, including paying for college and affording a home.
Meanwhile, in just one year, Planned Parenthood brings in $154 million from abortions alone (48% of their “non-government Health Services revenue”). The non-profit’s overall annual excess revenue over expenses in 2010 totaled $18.5 million. That’s after paying many of their CEOs and executives more than $250,000 each, the magic number for being considered a member of the top 1% of income-earners in the country. Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, makes $400,000 annually. Plus, the non-profit spends $56 million on lobbying in a single year.
They don’t deserve or need your tax money. Sign the petition.
What Else You Can Do
After you sign the petition, there’s more you can do to help Live Action’s mission to defund Planned Parenthood.
- Share the petition. This is so easy. Just e-mail the link to your friends and family, post the link on Facebook, tweet the link on Twitter. Some people might not sign it. But some of them will.
- Get involved locally. Your regional or statewide Right to Life Group needs your support. Team up with them to work with local government and the pro-life community to defund Planned Parenthood on the state level. It’s up close. It’s personal. And in the end, it will be the statewide victories that lead to the end of abortion across America.
Now is your chance. Now is the time. No matter whom you voted for. No matter who our president is. Planned Parenthood can be defunded, and you can help make it happen.