While Congress prepares to debate whether to continue funneling half a billion taxpayer dollars every year to Planned Parenthood, online searches reveal that the organization’s focus is not women’s health but abortion.
Though there are over 13,000 federally qualified health centers in the nation besides Planned Parenthood, the abortion giant’s PR machine is desperately attempting to convince the American public and their representatives that their main focus is not abortion.
A simple look online shows otherwise.
With a quick Google search, “Get abortion” turns up Planned Parenthood with a few others abortion clinics mixed in.
Googling the term “abortion pill” turns up – surprise – Planned Parenthood:
If you search for the term “abortion clinic” you find a number of clinics – but rest assured, Planned Parenthood is among them as well.
Planned Parenthood claims to offer other services such as anemia testing, cholesterol screening, diabetes screening, physical exams (including for employment and sports), flu vaccines, help with quitting smoking, high blood pressure screening, tetanus vaccines, thyroid screening, and more.
However, Planned Parenthood’s website does not appear in the top searches for any of these services. I wonder why.
On the other hand, if you are looking for “abortion cost,” “abortion info,” “where can I get an abortion,” “early abortion,” “abortion 20 weeks,” “abortion medical,” “abortion options,” “make abortion appointment” – like a relative you cannot escape, Planned Parenthood is there.
Recently, Live Action News documented Planned Parenthood officials admitting that late-term abortions are on the increase at their facilities.
The largest professional referral organization for abortion is the Nation Abortion Federation. According to a list of “abortion providers” which NAF publishes online, Planned Parenthood is a top abortion provider in many states.
The NAF list (which does not include all clinics) revealed the following:
- 100% of abortion providers listed for South Dakota and Vermont were Planned Parenthood facilities.
- Almost 70% of abortion clinics listed in Colorado and New York were Planned Parenthood facilities, as well as over 70% in Oregon.
- Half of the abortion providers listed in Utah were Planned Parenthood facilities.
- Over 25% of Florida abortion clinics referred by NAF are Planned Parenthood facilities.
- Half of NAF abortion clinics listed in New Jersey were Planned Parenthood facilities.
- One-third of NAF-referred abortion clinics in Maine, one-fifth in Minnesota, Tennessee and Virginia, one-fourth in New Mexico, and one-eighth in Texas were listed as Planned Parenthood facilities.
- In Pennsylvania, 20% were Planned Parenthood facilities, and over 20% in Maryland, 28% in Nevada, 30% in Washington State and 40% in New Hampshire were Planned Parenthood facilities.
Despite all the proof that Planned Parenthood’s main focus is abortion, they want Congress to believe that if they remove tax dollars from the abortion business, women’s health services will be hurt.
Even more interesting is when searching for “pregnancy” and “mammogram,” Planned Parenthood doesn’t appear among top results. Maybe that’s because 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy related services are abortion and because they don’t actually do mammograms, despite their CEO’s past deceptions on the topic.