The March for Life takes place on January 22, 2015 in Washington, D.C. Millions will march on the capital in support of the right to life, but millions of pro-lifers won’t be able to make the trip. If you’re one of them, you can still make a difference right at home.
- Sponsor a pro-life student. Many pro-lifers simply can’t afford to pay for a seat on the bus with their pro-life group to get to D.C. And many others can’t afford the gas money to drive themselves there. Talk to your local Right to Life group about how you can sponsor a pro-life student or chaperone so that he or she is able to attend the March for Life.
- Take advantage of social media. Mainstream media always fail to cover the March for Life. The only way to spread the word about how many people are marching in defense of life is to tell them ourselves. Share stories from pro-life media such as Live Action News and EWTN on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google+. The more people you can reach, the more minds and hearts you can change.
- Attend a local event. Each state has its own march at the state capital. If you can, attend yours. You’ll meet other pro-lifers, and your fight for the right to life will be refueled.
- Start an event. If you can’t get to the march in your state, start an event in your own city. If there isn’t a pro-life group in your town or at your college, you can start one.
- Hold a party. Throw a March for Life party and use it to raise money for a Right to Life group, such as Students for Life or Live Action. Turn on the coverage from EWTN and have it running in the background.
- Hand out The Advocate. Spend some time praying outside a local abortion clinic, or hand out brochures about abortion in a busy pedestrian area. The Advocate is just one of many great resources you can use.
- Enter to win a trip. If you really want to get to D.C. for the March for Life, consider entering one of these contests and winning a trip. Live Action and the March for Life Education and Defense Fund are both offering a chance for you to attend.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?