A rally next week in Washington D.C. will urge Congress to pass a federal budget that excludes Planned Parenthood. #WomenBetrayed, a project of Students for Life of America, is hosting the rally, which is sponsored by Live Action, March for Life, And Then There Were None, Americans United for Life, Christian Defense Coalition, Stanton Health Care, Women for Quality Healthcare, and others.
#WomenBetrayed: The Real Stories Rally & Lobby Day will be held in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, September 10th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
Rally organizers emphasize:
Planned Parenthood’s back is up against the wall. They’ve been struggling to explain how they aren’t profiting off of selling the body parts of the babies they abort every day, thanks to the undercover videos from the Center for Medical Progress that have been released over the past several weeks.
They have had to deal with the hundreds and hundreds of protests and rallies against them. They have had to defend themselves on national television. Thanks to the thousands of Americans to have stood up against Planned Parenthood and in defense of women betrayed by them and their preborn babies, Planned Parenthood is rightly on their heels.
But now isn’t the time to let up! The pressure needs to be doubled down because Congress heads back to Washington, DC in September and will need to vote on the budget by the end of the month – a budget that gives over half a billion dollars to Planned Parenthood and redirect. That needs to end and it needs to end now.
Sponsors are asking people to join them in D.C.:
After the rally, we will take all rally participants to the halls of Congress, to meet their elected officials, and ask them to personally defund Planned Parenthood. Never lobbied before? No problem. We will teach you all you need to know!
Rally speakers include Live Action President Lila Rose as well as Evangeline Bartz from Americans United for Life, Jeanne Mancini from March for Life, Kristan Hawkins from Students for Life, Carrie Dodge from And Then There Were None, Jessica Anderson from Heritage Action for America, and Alison Howard from Alliance Defending Freedom. Senator Rand Paul is also expected to speak, and Ted Cruz and Donald Trump have been invited.
Additionally, a number of post-abortive women will share their stories, bringing the tragedy in America inside the Beltway for legislators to understand on a personal level.
The speakers will focus on several points related to the need for defunding Planned Parenthood, including:
- Women are nothing but dollar signs to Planned Parenthood, a supposed non-profit that had a revenue of $1.3 billion in 2013, including over $500 million in taxpayer funding (national and state), with a net profit of $127 million. (source)
- Abortions make money for Planned Parenthood (they committed over 327,000 alone in 2013), which is why some affiliates have quotas and push to increase the number of abortions, making pregnant women even more vulnerable to Planned Parenthood’s business model.
- Planned Parenthood makes one adoption referral for every 174 abortions. They want to make money, not give choices to women.
- Congress must pass a budget this month that goes directly to President Obama’s desk which does not give a dime of taxpayer funds to Planned Parenthood.
- Planned Parenthood is a government contractor that gets over $500 million a year in government money. The organization has been caught covering up statutory rape, overbilling taxpayers, aiding and abetting sex traffickers, scheduling sex-selective abortions, accepting money to abort African American children, and now selling the body parts of aborted – and born-alive – babies. What government contractor would still get hundreds of millions of dollars per year and continue to skirt, or in some cases, break the law?
- We are in support of Congress defunding Planned Parenthood and sending that budget to President Obama’s desk. Let him decide if he will shut down the government or continue to fund an organization that cuts up babies and sells them piece by piece for profit.
- Planned Parenthood supports and covers up the sale of body parts of aborted babies at the highest level of the organization. Women are supposed to support each other, not sell each other – and their babies – out for profit.