Merriam-Webster.com defines “abortion” as “the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus“.
I can define “abortion” with one simple word: “murder“.
Statistics show us that most abortions, a whopping 93%, occur for social reasons.
An example of a “social reason”: the child is unwanted or inconvenient at the time.
- 1% of abortions occur because of rape or incest. Only 6% because of potential health reasons.
- An estimated 48% of women in the United States will have at least one abortion by the time they are 45 years old.
- Sixteen states, including the one I live in, currently pay for poor women to have abortions.
- The definition of poor in Oregon: A household of one person making $10,830 or less a year.
- In the United States there are sixteen different states that don’t require parental consent before a child has an abortion.
- Twenty different states, again Oregon is one of them, allow a minor to kill the child they chose to create without telling their parent(s).
- 52% (855,400/year) of abortions occur before or at the 9th week of pregnancy.
- By the 9th week, the baby’s brain waves are detectable, it is capable of turning its head, frowning, and even hiccuping.
- 25% (411,250/year) of abortions occur between the 9th and 10th week of pregnancy.
- At the 10th week of pregnancy, the baby is now considered a fetus instead of an embryo. His brain is producing 25,000 new neurons every minute. If the baby is a boy, he is already producing testosterone.
- 12% (197,400/year) occur between the 11th and 12th week of pregnancy.
- The baby’s sexual organs are now starting to show signs of being male or female. The baby can now do more complicated things, such as swallowing and sucking.
- 6% (98,700/year) happen between the 13th and 15th week.
- At week 13, the baby has distinctive fingerprints. If the baby is a girl, she now has over 2 million eggs in her ovaries.
- At 14 weeks, the baby now sucks his thumb, squints, and grimaces. If you were to put an object in his hand, he could grasp it. He is about 3 1/2 inches long, weighing in at 1 1/2 ounces.
- By 15 weeks, he is 4 inches long and weighs 2 1/2 ounces… so, he’s about the size of an apple. If you were to take an x-ray of the uterus, you could see his skeleton.
- 4% (65,800/year) happen between the 16th and 20th week.
- At 16 weeks, the baby is about 5 1/3 inches long. The mother should start feeling him kick and move soon. He is nearly ready to hit a growth spurt…
- It’s now 17 weeks… he has grown 2/3 of an inch over the last week.
- At 18 weeks old, he is growing very quickly. He is now 6 1/3 inches long. He is constantly moving, flexing muscles.
- 19 weeks: He is growing hair on his scalp, his brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Research suggests that the baby can more clearly hear things, such as the mother’s voice and heartbeat, now.
- At 20 weeks, he is about 10 inches long, weighing in at 10-11 ounces. He practices breathing and swallowing on a regular basis.
- 1% (16,450/year) happens after the 20th week.
I find the pro-choice argument to be entertaining at best.
There are women obviously capable of emotionally detaching themselves from the human they have created just so they can physically detach themselves, simply because life will be easier that way.
It’s the cowardly way out of a life changing situation. These women say they should be allowed to decide what happens to their body, that having the choice is critical to a women’s civil rights.
Now, I’m not going to get into the “women’s rights” and “feminazi” rant I want to go on. Instead, I will ask a few questions:
- What about the right of the child that you, whether accidental or not, created?
- Is it not purely selfish of you to kill the child?
- To destroy the life you have created?
- Does this child not have the right to live?
On a personal level, the idea of having an abortion… killing my child… is disgusting. It bothers me that there are women in this world who are comfortable with the idea of doing so.
In my opinion, these women, as well as the doctors who perform the procedure, are murderers and should be treated as such. However, my opinion is obviously not the same as that of the majority of Americans. If it were, there would be no need in writing this.