So I’m relatively new to the pro-life scene and before I really got involved, I just had NO idea how many amazing resources there are in the United States to help moms with unplanned pregnancies. I always voted for life when it was that time of year, but beyond that, I just wasn’t aware or had the curiosity to know more about what people are doing to make a change.
Jumping into the movement, and especially after I dived headfirst into helping moms with unplanned pregnancies and seeing all of the NEEDS they had, I started realizing how it takes SO much more than just voting for life to be pro-life.
Friends, it’s going to take a village. It’s going to take EVERYONE to play a part in this. If we are only speaking words and what we believe, we are just a clanging cymbal without LOVE and ACTION.
It’s going to take a grassroots PRO-LOVE movement to really change everything.
According to the US Census Bureau:
- 1 in 4 kids under the age of 18 is being raised by a single mom
- About 4 out of 10 children are born to unwed mothers
These single mamas need our help. And when we help the mom, we are helping the child too. Generations are changed!
If you are anything like I was a few years ago where I just stayed busy with my 9-5 job and church on Sundays and not super connected to any organization on the front lines, then you are missing out! Even if you have a full-time job and a large family, there are ways you can give back and serve in this movement – even get your entire family involved!
Pray about what being Pro-Love can look like in your life. There are so many amazing support systems where you can use your gifts and talents to serve or give to!
• Do you love helping mommies and babies? Serve at your local pregnancy center. Are you blessed financially in a way that allows you to give either extravagantly or monthly giving? Give to your local pregnancy center or pro-life org. Are you amazing at marketing and branding? Offer to help build them a bigger platform and online presence. Do you love to crochet blankets? Bring them blankets to give to moms! Are you amazing at retail, inventory, and organization? Help the centers organize and make their free baby and maternity store CUTE and easy to shop in!
• Do you love counseling people? Get connected to a maternity home and offer to bring the girls lunch sometime and just listen to their hearts for a while. Are you a professional counselor with your own practice? Set aside a few hours a week to counsel a single mom for free who needs it but can’t afford to pay. Do you love just holding babies? Babysit for a single mom so she can catch her breath and have a night off. Or if you’re retired or don’t have to work full time, offer to watch a single mom’s child while she works. Childcare is SO expensive.
• Do you love throwing parties and celebrating people? You would LOVE to lead an Embrace Grace support group at your church for young women with unplanned pregnancies. They get a free baby shower during the semester and you get to use all of that creative awesomeness to make it as amazing and special as you want!
• Are you post-abortive and love to help point people to Jesus for healing? Lead a support group or organize a healing retreat to help assist others in their healing journey. You can empower them to use their story to save lives, 2 at a time
• Are you a pastor with a congregation that has a heart to serve? Organize an outreach night and have your members assemble LoveBoxes to gift to your local pregnancy center that include an invitation back to your church so the mamas know they are welcome there for healing and support.
• Do you love to write? You can hand-write Brave Girl letters to be placed in Love Boxes distributed to pregnancy centers across the nation. You can speak life right into the hearts of a young woman that just found out she is pregnant just moments before! Download, print, write, and mail back to Embrace Grace offices for distribution!
• Do you have a passion for helping moms in a practical way? Maybe you are awesome at coupon-cutting and saving money or maybe you love to help single moms dream again about their future and empower them to set goals and run toward them. Or maybe you love to coach single moms with parenting. If so, you would LOVE to lead an Embrace Life support group at your church for young, single moms! It’s easy to lead, especially with DVD teachings, and you can build a single mom community for support and encouragement!
Don’t let fear hold you back from serving, donating, partnering, and being ALL IN. I promise you, your life will be changed forever. You have a gift to share with the world to help further the pro-love movement and WE NEED YOU!
You are not disqualified, you are QUALIFIED!
God will EQUIP YOU and give you everything you need to help single moms.
You don’t have to fix all their problems, you just have to point them to the One that does.
All you have to do is say YES!
** If you have more pro-love ideas to share on ways everyone can get involved, comment and tag any specific organization that you connect with!