In a series of undercover videos uploaded by the Center for Medical Progress, it has become evident that aborted baby body parts harvesting is common, and is happening across the nation.
Despite this, Planned Parenthood has written to Congress that their own fetal body parts harvesting operations (apparently like abortion) are just a “minuscule” part of what they do:
Despite a deliberate and systematic effort to distort our role, only two of 59 Planned Parenthood affiliates are currently involved with fetal tissue research [which they].. are proud to have a role in.
… 99% of our health centers have no involvement in this work… Today,only one affiliate (in California) is involved with fetal tissue research working through a TPO [tissue procurement organization.] A second affiliate is involved with fetal tissue research working with the University of Washington.
But this doesn’t even come close to what Planned Parenthood’s own high-level employees admitted to in the undercover videos.
One of the hubs for fetal tissue harvesting is California, where the majority of Planned Parenthood centers reportedly have (or had) some kind of procurement agreement with StemExpress, which has since cut ties with Planned Parenthood in the midst of scandal.
Despite CMP’s video footage, which strongly suggests that Planned Parenthood is selling the organs of babies they abort (and possibly manipulating the procedure – a violation of federal law), California officials have refused to open any investigations into either Planned Parenthood or StemExpress.
Deborah Nucatola, MD, Senior Director of Medical Services for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, told CMP buyers about the “saturation” of fetal body parts harvesting in California:
And, I think that- I don’t know anyone who would say no. Everyone’s been looking to do this for a year and a half, the affiliates in California have been very lucky, because in California there is no shortage of possibilities….
So just how prevalent is the harvesting of fetal body parts? We’ve scanned the transcripts from The Center for Medical Progress for a breakdown.
Stem Express has obtained or now obtains fetal body parts from:
- Pacific Planned Parenthood (now Northern California, PP Nor Cal)
- Planned Parenthood Mar Monte/Central Valley Clinics (possible; used StemExpress when abortionist Susan Robinson worked there)
- Cedar River (operates in Renton, Seattle & Tacoma)
Novogenix has obtained or now obtains fetal body parts from:
- UCLA (in the past; may have ceased agreement)
- Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (PPLA)
- Planned Parenthood San Diego
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles former medical director Dr. Mary Gatter noted in video #2:
So Novogenix was our partner in PPLA and they would send us – you know, big volume. They would send their staff to the site, and our staff, our medical assistants were used to discussing with the patients, do you want to consent? And they would say yes or no, and a lot of them said yes.
(In addition to telling CMP that she wanted a Lamborghini, Gatter admitted that the PPLA office performed 15,000 abortions a year.)
Advanced Bioscience Resource (ABR) has obtained or now obtains fetal body parts from:
- Planned Parenthood Pacific Southwest
- Unspecified abortion clinics in San Diego, Oregon, and Minnesota
- Unspecified abortion clinics in New Jersey and Philadelphia, PA (mentioned by ABR as new agreements)
Katharine Sheehan of Planned Parenthood Pacific Southwest noted on video about ABR, “We’ve been using them for over 10 years, really a long time, so, we just kind of renegotiated their contract.”
Unspecified procurement company has obtained or now obtains body parts from:
- Susan Robinson’s clinics (possible procurement for the University of New Mexico)
- PP Dr. Mary Gatter (involvement with tissue procurement in New Haven and Boston)
- Dr. Jennefer Russo at Orange/San Bernardino Planned Parenthood affiliate (working with a private unspecified laboratory)
- Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (possible; has refrigerators they currently use for research samples)
- Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains
UCLA (now USC) has obtained or now obtains fetal body parts from:
- Planned Parenthood Los Angeles
Gatter explained that in addition to Novogenix, PPLA would consent patients but a staff member from UCLA (now USC) would procure the body parts when she operated the PPLA affiliate. And, she said, “… [I]t was my experience that maybe 60% to 70%, but a large percent of patients we approached would say yes” to donating their babies’ body parts.
PLANNED PARENTHOOD CENTER INTERESTED IN HARVESTING
In video #10, Vanessa Russo, Compliance Program Administrator for PP Keystone, told Deborah VanDerhei, National Director of the Consortium of Abortion Providers (CAPS) with PP, regarding harvesting fetal body parts for research:
I kind of don’t care what people say, like the work is so valuable that that to me in and of itself is important so just shut up, but I’m not the one that can make that call, so I definitely want to get as much information from you guys and establish an open communication with you guys, because we’ll just need a lot of transparency to make the people I work with feel comfortable, but I am all about this.
Abortion clinics which were suggested to approach as potential future fetal body parts harvesting candidates:
- FPA– California -allegedly not harvesting due to type of procedure used
- Abortion clinic chain Cherry Hill Women’s Group with locations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest in the Seattle area
- Planned Parenthood of the Greater Washington and Northern Idaho (GWNI)
- Florida abortion doctor David Estes
- Whole Woman’s Health which has locations in several states including Texas
- Planned Parenthood Greater Texas which has centers in Dallas and Austin, Texas
- David Eisenberg, the Medical Director of the Planned Parenthood St. Louis region (also a faculty OB/GYN at Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University School of Medicine)
- Ashlesha Patel family planning program director for Cook County Hospital, Stroger Hospital in Chicago, Illinois
- Planned Parenthood in Northern Arizona and Southern Arizona
- Planned Parenthood affiliates in Orlando
- Planned Parenthood affiliates in New York City
- Planned Parenthood’s New England affiliate, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts
- Alisa Goldberg at Planned Parenthood of Massachusetts
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- PP’s Washington DC affiliate operated by Genola Perry
In video #1, Nucatola made sure to mention ways to “get your foot in the door” – and remember, she said she didn’t “know anyone who would say no” to fetal body parts harvesting:
… Times are hard in Texas right now, anything that you can do to make things a little bit easier for them, or a little bit better for everybody, I think gets your foot in the door. So, I’d be happy to introduce you to both of their medical directors. Paul Fine is Gulf Coast, and Darryl Johnson is Greater Texas. Both Gulf Coast and Greater Texas have pretty well developed structures and pretty independent surgical services, and people in academic research.
About Fort Collins, Colorado, Dr. Savita Ginde, VP and Medical Director of Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains noted:
[W]hen we did this in Ft. Collins, we had the CSU [Colorado State University] providers come in- I think we told you before that we would just call them and be like “Hey, we have samples. Cool send them over.” What LA is doing with their person on site. “Hey, we have specimens, ok, we’ll be over there in five minutes. Great. They come over with a cooler, pick it up and they’re gone. Obviously, there are a few more logistics involved; are there any things with FedEx, or anything that has to be worked out because it’s human tissue?”
Despite admissions by many of their staff regarding the numbers of centers/affiliates that perform or would be willing to perform fetal body parts harvesting, Planned Parenthood now claims that since The Center for Medical Progress conducted its investigation, several of PP’s centers have ended the practice.
But Planned Parenthood’s baby parts trafficking operation was on an upward trajectory until they were exposed, and the abortion giant has a sordid history of law breaking, supported by 500 million American tax dollars annually, which could be funneled elsewhere, to organizations not steeped in scandal.
The question remains: What will happen if the spotlight is removed from Planned Parenthood?