Planned Parenthood has suffered another small loss in Michigan, as Grand Traverse County denied the abortion giant a $12,000 grant:
Commissioner Jason Gillman rallied other commissioners against the grant application. Gillman said he couldn’t support providing any type of aid to Planned Parenthood of West and Northern Michigan, regardless of the program.
“The organization is designed to kill babies,” Gillman said. “The nicer side of it is only there to mask its evil intent. That is to kill babies.”
Preposterously, the grant PP was vying for was to “pay for abstinence-based sex education in area schools.” Trusting Planned Parenthood to teach abstinence would be like letting Marlboro run DARE.
Planned Parenthood’s business, their primary reason for existing, is disposing of the unwanted babies created when people don’t practice abstinence. A conflict of interest like that alone would be enough to keep the abortion giant out of the classroom, but they also have a track record to consider. Some highlights:
- PP thinks children as young as five “need to know” about “sexual pleasure.”
- PP’s Teen Talk site encourages teenagers to engage in a variety of “sex play” activities.
- PP’s “Healthy, Happy and Hot” brochure endorses the decision not to tell a sexual partner whether you’re HIV-positive.
- PP’s teen Facebook page has MTV’s Francisco Ramirez telling kids to “embrace” the “slut” label, because “there’s a little bit of slut in all of us.”
- PP-favored curricula in Onalaska, Washington taught elementary students how to perform oral and anal sex.
- PP projects like WhereDidYouWearIt.com turn sex into a voyeuristic game.
- PP Valentine cards define the holiday by sex rather than love.
- PP actively deceives young people on the basic science of what sex creates in various ways.
- PP doesn’t even think abstinence education works.
That such an organization would be entrusted with any aspect of sex education is disgraceful enough, but expecting them to teach abstinence would be pure insanity. Planned Parenthood is going to tell teenagers to delay sex, or to be discerning in whom you have sex with? That actions have consequences, or that recognizing when to defer gratification is one of the essentials of becoming an adult?
Planned Parenthood poisons virtually everything it touches. Thank God that Grand Traverse County knew to keep PP away from one of the messages our children need most.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?