This week, Americans United for Life is unveiling eight pieces of model pro-life legislation it is dubbing the Infants’ Protection Project.
The collection of proposals, which AUL hopes state legislatures will adopt nationwide, “includes model legislation protecting unborn infants from eugenics, barbaric late-term abortion procedures, and pain; affording legal protection and recognition to unborn children outside of the context of abortion; ensuring that mothers facing a poor prognosis for their unborn children are informed about the availability of hospice care for their families; and recognizing a deceased unborn infant’s right to a dignified treatment, including a respectful burial.”
Specifically, the proposed bills include:
- The Unborn Infants Dignity Act, which mandates all fetal remains be released to their mothers for burial and recognized with death certificates, and forbids aborted fetal remains from being purchased or experimented upon;
- The Missouri Preamble, which affirms that life begins at conception and calls for state laws to be interpreted “to extend every protection to unborn children not prohibited by the U.S. Constitution and Supreme Court jurisprudence”;
- The Women’s Health Defense Act, which prohibits abortions past five months of pregnancy;
- The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act, a state-level version of the federal ban upheld by the Supreme Court in Gonzales v. Carhart;
- The Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act, which bans abortions sought for purposes of targeting specific sexes or genetic abnormalities;
- The Perinatal Hospice Information Act, which requires that every pregnant woman who receives a life-limiting fetal diagnosis is also informed of available perinatal hospice services;
- The Born-Alive Infant Protection Act, which extends legal protections to all babies delivered live after attempted abortions;
- The Unborn Wrongful Death Act, which allows parents to pursue wrongful death claims on behalf of unborn children at any gestational stage.
AUL further contends that its proposals all pass constitutional muster, as they are consistent with Supreme Court precedent recognizing that the so-called “right” to abortion does not entirely preclude a legitimate state interest in both maternal health and fetal welfare.
All eight proposals can be read in their entirety at Americans United for Life’s website.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?