Operation Rescue has obtained a copy of the autopsy report in the death of Tonya Reaves, and the results are not surprising. The autopsy proves without a doubt that it was a botched abortion that killed Reaves, that there were no other recent injuries that could have contributed to her death, and that had Reaves gotten appropriate medical care right away instead of five hours later, she likely would have lived.
It is the official opinion of the Cook County Medical Examiner that Reaves’ cause of death “is due to hemorrhage resulting from cervical dilation and evacuation due to an intrauterine pregnancy.” In plain language, Reaves bled to death as the result of a bungled D&E abortion. The pregnancy itself did not contribute to her death.
The manner of death is listed as “Accident,” which would include an avoidable death from negligence and malpractice.
… Reaves’ autopsy revealed that:
- She was a healthy woman who was approximately 16 weeks pregnant at the time of her abortion, well into the second trimester.
- She suffered from an incomplete abortion. The Medical Examiner discovered pieces of placenta still attached to the inside of her womb even after a second abortion done by the hospital to remove fetal remains left by Planned Parenthood.
- She suffered a 3/16 inch uterine perforation near forcep impression marks. D&E abortions involve dismembering the baby in the womb and removing the pieces with forceps.
- She suffered an “extensive” perforation of her broad uterine ligament with a possible severing of her left uterine artery as a result of her abortion. This accounted for the internal bleeding that was discovered only too late by the hospital trauma team.
- There were 1-1.5 liters of blood and clots inside her abdominal cavity. The human body holds roughly five liters of blood. Reaves bled about 30 percent of her total volume of blood into her abdomen, and that does not account for the amount of blood lost through what was likely substantial vaginal bleeding due to the retained fetal remains.
- In a vain attempt to save her life, the hospital trauma team performed an emergency hysterectomy on Reaves.
More questions have also arisen in this case. Operation Rescue found that the Planned Parenthood clinic where Reaves’ abortion was performed was listed as not performing surgical abortions. So why, then, was a surgical abortion performed, and could this have had anything to do with their bungling of Reaves’ abortion?
It also turns out that the clinic never even called 911 on the day of the accident. The Pro-Life Action League found that only one 911 call was made from that building, which houses several tenants aside from just the Planned Parenthood. The 911 call was regarding an instance of child abuse. The fact is that Planned Parenthood, faced with a woman who was dying after a botched abortion, appears to have literally done nothing.
Where are the abortion pushers who claim that they’re pro-choice in order to keep abortion safe? If women’s safety is what they truly are concerned with, then they should be demanding an investigation into Planned Parenthood, as well as charges of criminal negligence and malpractice. No woman should have to suffer as Tonya Reaves did, and Planned Parenthood should be held accountable.
Stories like the one you just read transform hearts and minds.
For example, one of our followers, Ross, messaged us and commented:
“I began to question my pro-choice views after reading articles about Live Action…Live Action is primarily responsible for my becoming Pro-Life through their well-thought-out, scientific information and the emotionally and uplifting stories of real people with real experiences in saving the lives of their children regardless of what others might say.”
Knowledge is power and CAN open eyes to SEE the truth. And, YOU can provide the spark to transform someone’s mind, just like Ross.
The DAILY publishing at Live Action News is only made possible through generous people, like you, who give $5, $10, or $25.
Your gift today will not only keep these stories coming in 2020, but also help us open more eyes and change minds to be fully pro-life and save lives.
Will you join us in creating a world where the killing of preborn children is unthinkable and support Live Action News by making your tax-deductible gift today?