This year, Live Action is providing an opportunity for you to stand up for life with us – and tell the nation why we march!
The March for Life will be held on January 22, 2014, the 41st anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision. This controversial Supreme Court ruling legalized abortion on demand in all fifty states and has resulted in over 57 million abortions since 1973. We march for those pre-born children, and for the countless others we will continue to lose until we end abortion.
Lila Rose and our Live Action team will be at a variety of events related to the March for Life this year:
- Stand True Event: Prayer Vigil in front of Planned Parenthood on 16th Street in Washington, D.C. The vigil, from 8:00 am to 10:00 am on January 21, is a moving experience as we pray for those women impacted by abortion.
- March for Life Event: Later that same day, Lila Rose will be speaking at the Law of Life Summit at 1:00 pm.
- March for Life Event: Lila will also be speaking at the Youth Rally at 2:45 pm.
- Students for Life Event: The Students for Life National 2014 Conference, also on January 21, is from 9:30 am to 9:00 pm. Live Action will have a booth, and you can stop by to meet and hang out with some of our team!
- March for Life Event: Lila will be doing the Nellie Gray 5K at 8:00 am on the morning of the March.
We would love for you and your friends to come be a part of this historic march with us! Lila Rose and the Live Action team will be happy to welcome you. We will be meeting at the corner of Madison and 9th, which is right at the rally site. You can look for us once the rally is over, with our signs and blue banners! If you’re worried about the cold, we’ll be passing out hand warmers along with our signs. Whether you are a veteran or this is your first time, we look forward to marching with you as we proclaim our support for life!
Check out our Facebook event page as another source for this information, and invite your friends to show your support through social media and see who else is participating!
Last year brought us the momentous occasions of the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade and the 40th March for Life, which had 650,000 attendees. Whatever year or anniversary it is, we will still march on. And we will keep doing so until we are able to overturn this tragic and overreaching decision from the Supreme Court and abolish abortion. We look forward to seeing you there this year!