Summertime is almost here, or already here for some people. That means it’s time to get around town and make the most of the time you have! Instead of getting bored this summer, check out this list (in no particular order) of pro-life ways to keep busy.
1. Find your local pregnancy resource center and get involved. Volunteer to sort donations, counsel clients, or help with computers. Use your talents to help in any way you can! To find your local center, visit here or here.
2. Go to one of Survivors pro-life “boot camps”. They’re offering two this year: one in Southern California and one in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Visit their brand-new website to find out more about this incredible opportunity for training and activism.
3. Create a presence outside your local abortion clinic. Take friends and family with you and go as often as you can to sidewalk counsel and pray. You can chalk pro-life messages on the public sidewalk too. Reach out to women going inside, and even the clinic workers. Direct the workers to Abby Johnson’s organization, And Then There Were None (you can even print flyers to hand out to the clinic workers here).
4. Post pro-life news articles on social media. Read up on articles here at Live Action News and other pro-life sites. Spread the word about our recent Inhuman investigation. Get people talking about abortion and what they can do to stop it. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion and expose the truth!
5. Wear pro-life gear. This is another great way to spread a life-affirming message. Spark conversation with a t-shirt, hat, or even a tote bag. Here, here, here, and here are great places to look for gear to wear!
6. Fundraise for a pro-life organization. Try your hand at organizing a car wash, baby bottle coin drive, or even gathering items by holding a diaper or clothing drive.
7. Read a pro-life book (or two or ten). Check out my 2013 list here, and look for another summer reading list soon!
8. Pass out pro-life literature in busy places in your community. Order Live Action’s Advocate, or other materials to help spread the message that life is beautiful!
9. Still need a job? Check out these pro-life organizations looking to hire.
10. Make plans for your pro-life club for next school year. Don’t have one? Create it! Already have one? Start planning events, meetings, and speakers. Find a local 40 Days for Life campaign to join, and make this the BEST year ever for your club.
It’s time to shake up your summer and get those pro-life hands working in this crazy awesome movement for life. Have more ideas for pro-life ways to keep busy? Leave them in the comments section and let the summer begin!