Reports To: Director of Social Media
As cutting-edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America and seeks a full-time Social Media Copywriter. The SMC is skilled in messaging, writing, and marketing. They are savvy, resourceful, and professional. The SMC is also exceptionally detail-oriented and maintains the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once. The SMC is up-to-date with current marketing trends, best practices for social media engagement, and is constantly monitoring the news cycle to capitalize on opportunities to promote Live Action content and messaging.
The SMC must be committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing, and highly productive team. The position locations are Los Angeles, CA or Washington D.C., with a potential to be remote.
The SMC’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research, curation, and development of content for Live Action’s social media accounts.
- Writing error-free and compelling posts, tweets, and articles that inspire engagement.
- Refining Live Action’s written content across platforms
- Closely tracking Live Action campaigns, media coverage, and pro-life news.
- Assistance coordinating social media advertising campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Contributing original news, commentary, and regular pitches to Live Action News, with a minimum expectation of one original article per week.
- Regular reporting and tracking of key metrics.
- Experience with pro-life messaging.
- Familiarity with the ideas and principles of Live Action.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, a plus; content publishing platform experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write: Social Media Copywriter_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of supporters throughout the United States.