Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
As cutting-edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion and build a culture of life. Live Action seeks an experienced Production Manager (PM) to produce and develop key projects, including the Lila Rose Show Podcast and YouTube channel. The PM is an accomplished writer, with a knack for telling stories and making complex topics simple and understandable. Passionate about philosophy and moral theology, they are a smart, driven creative who is excellent at communication and understands the culture of death/culture of life issues inside out. The PM is also an exceptional critical thinker and researcher with an eye for marketing and messaging. They are passionate about changing the world and making eternal truths accessible and relatable to everyday Millennials and Gen Zers. The PM is up to date on current events and understands news and social media.
The PM must be committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position could be part-time (25 hours a week) or full-time (with additional responsibilities) and is based in Walnut Creek, CA. Remote positions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
● Identify powerful stories and guests that communicate our message,
● Write show notes and research for podcast and other video topics,
● Prepare materials for interviews,
● Pitch new topics and help refine current ones,
● Convert podcast episodes into blog form, assist with other writing projects
● Manage the editing process for podcast episodes and all contractors involved,
● Coordinate and manage interview schedules,
● Manage correspondence and logistics of podcast interviewees,
● Research and vet new interviewees,
● Identify key soundbites for marketing and promotion for Instagram, Twitter, and
● Manage the design process and corresponding contractors for
● Prep show descriptions for the podcast
● Experience producing short videos, podcasts and similar projects.
● An excellent story-teller.
● Out of the box thinking with a “nose” for the story.
● Ability to retain a journalistic “outsider’s perspective,” to bridgebuild with a
variety of worldviews, and to provoke and engage controversy with
persuasiveness and poise
● Experience pitching stories, articulating our core issues.
● Hunger to constantly improve professionally, to be the best in media strategy,
developing communications, and presentation of the message. Excellent internet
research and social media skills.
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
● Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite,
Microsoft Office, etc.) as well as podcast specific platforms.
● Exceptional time-management, planning, and interpersonal skills.
● A high degree of diplomacy, sound judgment, and discretion when dealing with
interviewees, media, team members, contractors, volunteers, donors, and partner
● A high degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: ProductionManager_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online following for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.