Reports To: VP of Strategic Partnerships
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America and seeks a full-time Major Gifts Officer (MGO) to join the team.
The MGO is highly-skilled and experienced in both generating new, meaningful relationships and cultivating and maintaining existing ones. The MGO is passionate about the work Live Action is doing and is able to clearly communicate our vision and mission with others. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA, or Arlington, VA, but will require extensive travel. The MGO must be detailed and self-driven, focused on planning and executing strategic meetings and events across the country.
The Major Gifts Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with implementing a regular, year-round communication strategy
- Manage a portfolio/caseload of prospects and major donors
- Travel to visit top prospects and donors regularly, approximately ten days of each month
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential major gift donors
- Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for prospects, including informational
phone calls and letters
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation
- Maintain stewardship contacts with current donors; adhere to the highest ethical
standards; demonstrate an empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect
optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Develop and reach goals for donor outreach to follow-up and cultivate relationships
- Collaborate with the development team, program staff, and leadership team
- Work collaboratively with the development team, leadership and program staff. Offer prospect strategy counsel to the President and VP of Strategic Partnerships
- Ensure donors and prospects are made aware and have the opportunity to participate in events, lobbying and other activities
- Identify, cultivate, and track prospects and major donors with the potential to do planned giving
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years’ experience in fundraising, policy, nonprofits, campaigns or sales
- A desire to build personal relationships with donors
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive communications
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct research and identify new funding opportunities; knowledge of fundraising information sources, basic fundraising strategies, and prospect research techniques
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Previous experience with non-profits or campaigns
- Must be willing to, and should enjoy, extensive travel
- A deep interest in, understanding and commitment to the pro-life movement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Hubspot and Bloomerang CRM experience a plus
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: MajorGiftsOfficer_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.