HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Report To: Chief Operating Officer
As cutting-edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America and seeks a full-time Human Resources Manager (HRM). The HRM is carefully organized, communicates at a high level, and is an excellent judge of character. The HRM plays a key role in the growth and success of the organization and has a clear understanding of Live Action’s mission and goals. The HRM is responsible for finding and securing the best talent for the organization and must be passionate about building a world-class team.
The HRM must be a self-starter who is committed to Live Action’s mission and inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing, and highly productive team. The position will be located in either our Los Angeles, CA office or our Washington, DC office with the potential to be remote.
The HRM’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Ensuring job descriptions are compelling, accurate, and up-to-date as well as compliant with necessary regulations.
- Developing training and onboarding materials in partnership with the hiring manager to ensure employees clearly understand their job responsibilities, metrics, and goals.
- Investigating and resolving employee issues and conflicts.
- Ensuring the organization’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Administering employee benefit programs and overseeing a regular review of benefit vendors and programs.
- Providing regular hiring and HR reporting to the executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration preferred.
- An understanding of pro-life and culture-of-life messaging.
- 3 years of recruiting experience.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of sourcing avenues.
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write: HR Manager_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of supporters throughout the United States.