Reports To: VP Strategic Partnerships
As cutting-edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America and seeks a full-time Events Manager (EM) to join the team. The EM is passionate about each detail that goes into a seamless and successful event. Organized and methodical, the EM is capable of organizing events of every size – from a 700-person gala to an impromptu rally at a local political office. The EM takes pride in their work, can simultaneously manage multiple projects, and is an excellent communicator.
The Events Manager must be passionately dedicated to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing, and highly productive team. The position location is in Washington, D.C. or Los Angeles, CA, though we are also open to remote, and the position will require some travel.
The Event Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategize and plan events to further Live Action’s mission and activate constituents
- Work alongside departments to help execute:
- Local pro-life events
- Sponsored events
- Black-tie events
- Donor receptions
- Booking requests for Live Action spokespeople
- Campus events
- The Events Manager should be ready to handle every aspect of event planning including:
- Managing continued communication with outside event organizers, key stakeholders, and vendors
- Coordinating location, speakers, topics, timing, and vendors as appropriate
- Calculating budgets and maintaining an event budget
- Arranging event services
- Initiating, coordinating, and participating in all efforts to publicize an event
- Initiating and managing creation, design, and distribution of promotional
- Maintaining crystal-clear communication with outside vendors and internal teams
- Preparing and executing a detailed outline of the event needs and day-of timeline
- An ability to be flexible and responsive under pressure
- Soliciting and monitoring media coverage and engagement with events as appropriate
- Evaluating success
- Report regularly on event preparation status and readiness
- Regularly pitch event opportunities and suggestions to the Leadership Team
- 3+ years of event planning experience required
- Extreme attention to detail. An event is pulled off by the compilation of many small details that come together to create a polished, flawless experience. You must be known for your attention to detail, including comprehensive checklists, to-do lists, and itineraries
- Experience in the pro-life movement desired
- Strong communication skills – this position interacts with a wide variety of people on a daily basis, including executives, donors, vendors, and attendees. Strong people skills, sharp written and verbal communication skills, and solid discernment are a must.
- Outstanding vendor management skills
- Well-organized systems with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Able to handle multiple important projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Skilled in balancing and managing detailed budgets
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: email@example.com. In the subject line, please write: EventsManager_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.