Live Action seeks a Social Media Coordinator (SMC) to oversee the day-to-day operation of Live Action’s social media platforms. The SMC facilitates Live Action’s digital content creation, posting to all platforms, and digital ad strategy, and also serves as an occasional editor for Live Action News. The SMC works on his or her own, and with designers and contractors as needed, to create daily digital media content. Content creation may include video editing, graphic design, and assistance in website development.
The SMC is a savvy, resourceful professional and an excellent writer. The SMC must be exceptionally detail-oriented while maintaining the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time. The SMC is up-to-date with current marketing trends, best practices for social media engagement, and is constantly monitoring the news cycle to capitalize on opportunities to promote Live Action content and messaging.
This individual is responsible for coordinating Live Action’s digital media outreach, ad management, and analytics reports across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Google, and Pinterest. The SMC works with the Live Action team on video campaign strategy and content creation, with an understanding of Live Action’s goals and pro-life messaging.
The ideal candidate must be driven to do the best work of his or her life. The SMC passionately supports the mission of Live Action and goes above and beyond in the work to save lives and change hearts and minds. The SMC plays a pivotal role in Live Action’s work of educating the public about abortion, exposing the abortion industry, showing the dignity of human life, and motivating our supporters to action.
The position will be located in Los Angeles, CA, or the Washington, D.C. metro area.
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Daily coordination of Live Action’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Assist and contribute to strategic plans for social media campaigns.
- Research and curate content for social media platforms.
- Daily posting to platforms. Write error-free and compelling posts that inspire engagement.
- Facilitate the creation of graphics and videos for social media, including working with other designers.
- Identify opportunities for growth of Live Action’s social media platforms and create and implement new strategies to capitalize on them.
- Track engagement and analytics on social media platforms.
- Assist in creating, testing, and procuring Facebook, Youtube, and Google ads; adjusting bidding and targeting to maximize performance.
- Analyze success of social media campaigns and advertising, presenting regular reports to supervisor.
- Assist in establishing community guidelines and moderate comments to conform to those guidelines; manage and reply, as appropriate, to comments.
- Serve as an assistant editor for Live Action News, developing relationships with other editors and writers, identifying story opportunities, writing and editing articles, and helping to craft the direction of the publication and grow its reach.
- Coordinate with the Live Action team to plan and execute new projects and campaigns.
- Closely track Live Action campaigns, media coverage, as well as pro-life news and current events.
- Coordinate and send external email blasts for Live Action programming as needed.
- Dedicated to the pro-life mission
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience copywriting and editing.
- Experience with digital campaigns and ads across platforms, content creation and curation across platforms, and data analysis.
- Literacy with basic Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with graphic design and video editing software, such as Adobe
Photoshop and Premiere, a plus; content publishing platform experience a plus.
- Experience with email communication and basic layout formatting.
- Experience with marketing and/or news reporting.
- Ability to travel.
- A high degree of energy, self-motivation, and flexibility: This is a 24/7/365,
fast-paced, and demanding position.
Application Submission Process
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Social Media Coordinator_(your last name). In your cover letter, please include a description of your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
No phone calls, please.
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.