Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks a Publicist to manage all media opportunities, media communication, and media messaging for the organization. The Publicist is best-in-class at messaging, outreach, relationship-building, and written communication. The Publicist thrives in the fast pace environment of public relations and is committed to the highest quality of work. The Publicist fields inbound media requests as well as crafting compelling pitches to secure new media opportunities, write releases, and op-eds.
The Publicist must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team.
The position location is in the Los Angeles, CA area.
The Publicist’s responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Write and distribute press statements.
- Timely response to inbound media requests and inquiries.
- Craft clear and strategic media pitches for Live Action, Lila Rose, and other spokespersons.
- Maintain and develop new relationships with media representatives, including utilizing social media.
- Write op-eds, reports, and work with other supporting writers to generate consistent, high-quality pieces.
- Pitch op-eds to targeted publications.
- Develop talking points for Live Action team members media appearances.
- Manage media requests and assist with scheduling.
- Develop media strategies for Live Action content and campaigns.
- Generate and distribute regular reporting.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact and manager for any outside PR consultants or partners.
- Assist with message development for Twitter, campaigns, and other social media as needed.
- Passionately dedicated to the pro-life mission and a strong understanding of the issue.
- Superb mastery of pro-life messaging and persuasive communication.
- At least 5-10 years experience in public relations.
- Experience writing for major outlets.
- A successful track record pitching media and garnering opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
Application Submission Process
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion(one to two paragraphs).
In the subject line, please write: PUBLICIST_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.