Reports To: Director of External Affairs
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks a full-time Event Coordinator (EC) to join the team. The EC is passionate about each detail that goes into a seamless and successful event. Organized and methodical, the EC is capable of organizing events of every size- from a 700 person gala to an intimate gathering of top supporters. The EC takes pride in their work, can simultaneously manage multiple projects and is an excellent communicator.
The EC must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her or his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Washington, D.C. and will require some travel.
The Event Coordinator’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategizing and planning events to further Live Action’s mission
- Working alongside departments to help execute:
- Sponsored events
- Local pro-life events
- Black tie events
- Donor receptions
- Booking requests for Live Action spokespeople
- Campus events
- The event coordinator should be ready to handle every aspect of event planning, including:
- Selecting location, speakers, topics, timing, and vendors
- Calculating budgets and maintaining an event budget
- Arranging event services
- Initiating, coordinating, and participating in all efforts to publicize an event
- Editing and designing promotional materials
- Managing correspondence
- Communicating any problems that arise in an upfront manner with the team
- Maintaining communication with outside vendors and internal teams
- Preparing and executing a detailed outline of the event needs and day-of timeline
- An ability to be flexible and responsive under pressure
- Monitoring media coverage
- Evaluating success
- Reporting regularly on event preparation status and readiness
- 2+ years of major event planning experience required
- Extreme attention to detail. An event is pulled off by the compilation of many, many small details that come together to create a polished, flawless experience. You must be known for your attention to detail that includes comprehensive check-lists, to-do lists, and itineraries.
- Experience in the pro-life movement desired
- Strong Communication Skills – this position interacts with a wide variety of people on a daily basis, including executives, donors, vendors, and attendees. Strong people skills, sharp written and verbal communication skills, and solid discernment are a must.
- Outstanding vendor management skills
- Well-organized systems with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Able to handle multiple important projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: EventCoordinator_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.