Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks a Director of Content (DC) who is a creative leader responsible for on-brand development and execution of Live Action content and campaigns. The DC collaborates across departments to generate world-class multi-channel content for specific target audiences. Managing a team of creatives, the DC is ultimately responsible for on-time delivery and successful execution of smart and compelling content consistent with the brand’s standards, aesthetic, and voice.
Leading the Content Team, the DC possesses the passion, determination, and focus necessary to change the national discussion on abortion and pro-life issues through strategic campaigns to inspire political and social change. The DC must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing, and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Conceives, develops, and executes the organizational content slate.
- Owns metrics and KPI’s to measure effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures all content is consistent with the organization’s mission, brand, and values.
- Leads creative and content brainstorming sessions to build and execute new campaign
- Serves as a detail-oriented project owner and manages the transition from big-picture
goals to implementation, delegating tactical details necessary for successful campaigns.
- Leads the training and development of the creative team, including delivering on guidance and clear direction, problem-solving and people management.
- Continuously develops knowledge regarding new design trends, innovation in the creative field, supporter experiences, and technology.
- Manages and negotiates contracts as needed.
- Monitors results of original products and provides constructive feedback to the team.
- Available during active campaigns on a 24/7 basis.
- A deep understanding and commitment to the pro-life movement.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing creative teams.
- Must be a strategic thinker and creative problem solver, with an ability to create
outstanding work across an expansive and diverse environment.
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft
Office, etc.). Hubspot experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and delegate creative projects in a fast-paced and
ambitious work environment.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly to changes and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Must have a strong desire to continually bring creative and cultural innovation to the
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism or equivalent experience; advanced degrees preferred.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Director of Content_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.