REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT OF STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
Live Action seeks to hire a Development Assistant to support all aspects of critical day-to-day projects and programs in the fundraising department, facilitating excellent donor service and cultivation, smooth scheduling, planning, and communication.
The Development Assistant must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Arlington, Virginia.
The Development Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All Donor Service Support, manage master support inbox, comment mail, answer Development phone, etc.
- Assist VP to manage Major Donor Caseload, schedule meetings, book travel, etc.
- Check processing and recording
- Data processing, imports, and clean-up as necessary
- Word Count management and other audit-related projects
- Conference and Event support as needed
- Research current and prospect donors to identify potentials to upgrade
- Assist with all Development-related marketing material creation and supplying
- Manage Development Director’s credit card, tracking receipts and working with the accountant to track spending (once a month).
- Monthly Donor Program Assistance as needed
- Dedicated to pro-life mission,
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in an administrative or customer support role,
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, excellent ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work independently,
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent travel management skills,
- Extremely trustworthy and discreet with confidential materials,
- Proficient in word processing and G Suite, Excel spreadsheets, and familiar with database use and web resources,
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written,
- Keen attention to detail,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: DevelopmentAssistant_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online following for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.