Reports To: VP of Strategic Partnerships
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks a Copywriter to generate persuasive and compelling content to change hearts and minds. The Copywriter will assist the Live Action Development and Digital Fundraising teams by writing persuasive copy for emails, proposals, marketing collateral, and more. The Copywriter understands the power of messaging and story-telling and is a master of communicating on difficult subjects. The Copywriter’s work will be seen by millions of individuals each month and plays a critical role in the overall messaging and success of Live Action.
The Copywriter must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her or his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA.
The Copywriter’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, write, and edit online fundraising messaging, including emails, landing pages, and ad copy for acquisition, cultivation, acknowledgment, retention, and upgrades alongside our Digital Fundraising Manager.
- Assist in managing and writing website copy, especially pertaining to fundraising and acquisition.
- Write, edit, and proofread high-dollar proposals, grant applications, cover letters, and reports.
- Manage, write, and edit all outward-facing donor-related copy on various platforms such as Charity Navigator, Guidestar, etc.
- Write, edit, and proofread quarterly Impact Reports for major and monthly donors.
- Write, edit, and proofread yearly Annual Report.
- Edit and proofread copy as related to the Development program, such as event programs, marketing ads, etc.
- Complete writing tasks within pre-defined timeframes.
- Ensure all work is free of spelling, grammar, and subject errors.
- Edit Development teammates’ work as needed and requested in a timely fashion.
- Proactively develop new subject and related program ideas and regularly pitch the Development team.
- College Degree in journalism, communications, or similar major.
- 3+ years writing experience.
- Deep understanding of relationship building, communications, and human behavior.
- A very versatile writing style, able to adapt to many types of writing and messaging.
- Excellent team player and servant leader attitude.
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment, flexible work schedule. Some nights and weekends required.
- Has excellent organizational, program, time management, attention to detail, research and writing skills; and strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Will sign the Live Action Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Copywriter_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.