Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
As cutting edge newsmakers, thought-leaders, and educators for the pro-life movement, Live Action is growing our team of talented professionals working to transform public opinion on abortion in America. Live Action seeks a Brand Director (BD) to elevate and build Live Action’s brand and messaging and protect its integrity. The BD will manage quality-control efforts across departments to ensure world-class communication and presentation. Further, the BD will lead the development of innovative brand strategies that serve to both activate and advance the Organization’s brand in key audience segments as well as drive engagement and brand awareness. The BD is an expert communicator and brand leader, has deep understanding of the Live Action target audience, and is able to structure time-sensitive actionable methods in which to reach our demographics.
The BD must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her or his life. This position offers the potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA.
The Brand Director’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Executive Team on the development of a brand strategy to be used across the organization and own the successful implementation and ongoing refining of the brand strategy.
- Ensure quality control across departments.
- Determine and report relevant metrics and KPI’s weekly to the Executive Team.
- With input from the Executive Team, oversee all organizational messaging, branding, marketing communications, promotions, print collateral, and digital assets including website, social platforms, and email outreach.
- Create and enforce brand guidelines to be used across the organization.
- Ensure that all Live Action and Lila Rose content is consistent, on-brand, and positioned to make maximum impact.
- Manage and develop a team of brand experts serving as developers and protectors of the Live Action brand and message.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual reviews, and provide feedback as needed.
- Conduct regular, ongoing market research in order to keep up with current and future trends as well as competitors’ activities. Report findings to the team and create an actionable plan to implement.
- Actively identify opportunities to enhance the Live Action brand. Develop and facilitate actionable plans to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Proactively identify challenges and threats to the brand, both visual and written, and help implement quality controls across platforms.
- Effectively communicate and document brand issues with department leaders.
- Brand expertise – extensive understanding and experience in branding and marketing.
- College degree (BA required, advanced degree preferred) in business, marketing, communications or an equivalent combination of education.
- 7+ years in senior management or director-level role focused on brand, marketing or communications with proven results.
- Experience must include strategic planning, communications planning and management, marketing and media relations.
- Extensive experience in building, developing, and coaching a team.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Superb communication skills, written and oral. A strong writer, with the ability to shape copy to reach different audiences.
- Excellent creative problem-solving and relationship management skills as well as superb judgment.
- An expert eye for aesthetics and attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-reliant and a strong focus on results.
- A high degree of business acumen.
- Skilled in: Adobe Creative Suite and social media management platforms: Hubspot, Planoly, Facebook Creator Studio, Youtube Studio, etc.
- A passion for defending the pre-born and the Live Action mission.
Application Submission Process:
Please submit a cover letter, work samples, and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: BrandDirector_(your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion-dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.