Reports To: Video Producer
The AVE must be passionately committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in Los Angeles, CA.
The Assistant Video Editor’s responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, storyboarding, and pitching Live Action content.
- Quickly editing and animating basic motion graphics for Live Action videos.
- Manage weekly reporting.
- Research and develop ideas for new campaigns, projects, videos.
- Collaborate with the creative team on projects.
- Collect and implement feedback from project stakeholders.
- A plus, but not necessary: videography/cinematography experience, directing on-camera performance
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years experience in video editing or a similar role
- Be familiar with the ideas and principles of Live Action.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, news writing experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in editing software such as Adobe Premiere, FCPX, Avid (Premiere preferred), and moderate skills in After Effects (should be able to animate titles and basic shape animation)
Application Submission Process
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Assistant Video Editor _ (your last name). No phone calls, please.
In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs).
All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.
Live Action is dedicated to ending abortion and building a culture of life in America and beyond. We believe that every human life has intrinsic value and rights. We expose the truth about abortion and counter the misinformation campaign of the multi-billion dollar abortion industry and lobby. Today, we host the largest online presence for the pro-life movement, with millions of followers throughout the United States.