Reports To: Development Director
Live Action seeks an Administrative and Development Assistant (ADA) to assist with day-to-day projects, database management, facilitating smooth scheduling, and communication for the Live Action team.
Assisting Live Action’s content and operations team, the ADA possesses the passion, determination, and focus needed to manage daily operations at the office. The ADA must be committed to Live Action’s mission and must be inspired to do the best work of her/his life. This position offers potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, growing and highly productive team. The position location is in either Washington, DC area or Los Angeles, CA.
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include providing administrative support for assigned projects as needed including scheduling team meetings and taking and distributing accurate, concise notes,
- Manage executive, team, and client travel and scheduling,
- Coordinates event scheduling, manages booking account and speaking requests with honorarium negotiation,
- Manage team and president’s calendar—keeping it up to date at all times,
- Manages phone lines, main email inbox, and post office box,
- Manages and sets up vendors as needed (WeWork, Slack, Asana, etc.),
- Assist in management of internship program,
- Coordinates timesheets for Operations Manager (once a month),
- Facilitates contract signing and filing for Operations Manager,
- Word Count management and other audit related projects as needed,
- Check Processing and Acknowledgement Program assistance for Development,
- Donor/Customer support assistance as needed for Development,
- Database clean-up assistance for Development/Marketing,
- Coordinates state registrations for Operations Manager (mostly in the Fall, but few times during the year),
- Manage president’s credit card, tracking receipts and working with accountant to track spending (once a month),
- Manage the president’s timecard, PTO forms and other administrative needs (once a month),
- Sends gifts to employees and board members at Christmas-time, sends gifts to employees for birthdays.
- Dedicated to pro-life mission,
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in administrative support role,
Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, excellent ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work independently,
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills,
- Excellent travel management skills,
- Extremely trustworthy and discreet with confidential materials,
- Proficient with word processing and G Suite, Excel spreadsheets, and familiar with database use and web resources,
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and with top executives and high-profile talent,
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
Application Submission Process
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] In the subject line, please write: Administrative Assistant _ (your last name).
No phone calls, please. In your cover letter, please include your position on abortion (one to two paragraphs). All staff members are required to sign Live Action’s Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement.